Arrested in '94 INS interview on 10\22

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrested in '94 INS interview on 10\22

I was arrested but never convicted on a burglery charge in 94 never been in trouble since. My GC interview in next week with my USC husband. What do I do if they ask me id I was ever arrested. Long story short my then roomate stole all me stuff and I tried to get it back at her new house I was wrong to go there. Live and learn.

I was arrested but never convicted on a burglery charge in 94 never been in trouble since. My GC interview in next week with my USC husband. What do I do if they ask me id I was ever arrested. Long story short my then roomate stole all me stuff and I tried to get it back at her new house I was wrong to go there. Live and learn.

Comment

>What do I do if they ask me id I was ever >arrested.

You say yes.

-= nav =-

Comment

Presumably, when you completed the I-485, you answered "yes" to the question, "have you ever been arrested?" Or more likely, you said "no".

At the interview, you must answer the question truthfully when the interviewer asks it again (and at every AOS interview, BCIS asks if you have ever been arrested; they don't just go by what's on the form.)

You state that the charges were dropped; do you have any documentation supporting that? Such as a letter from the prosecutor's office, a letter from the court, or some other documentation from one of the involved government entities. If you don't have any documentation, try to get something before the interview, so that you can give it to the BCIS officer at the interview.

You should explain that you answered no on the application, because the charges were dropped. The office may be sympathetic to the fact that it sounds like you were young, and that it was more of a roommate dispute than a genuine "criminal" attempt on your part.

Comment

Working...
        X