Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i-94

I applied a petition to change my status (tourist) to student visa (2 months ago) I wanted to take a 1-year culinary course. It takes too long for me while the school has started and under the new law I can't do it.
    I want to cancel it and do my course in another country instead. What should I do to get my I-94 back. How long will it take for me to get it back?
    Thank you.

I applied a petition to change my status (tourist) to student visa (2 months ago) I wanted to take a 1-year culinary course. It takes too long for me while the school has started and under the new law I can't do it.
    I want to cancel it and do my course in another country instead. What should I do to get my I-94 back. How long will it take for me to get it back?
    Thank you.

Comment

Optimistically, 4-6 months. Pessimistically ? Well, if you decide not to ever enter US again, you can leave right now. Otherwise, please wait. Your departure record(the number on 1-94) is vital for the determination of 3/10 year barring rule.

James

Comment

gee, i need to go home next month...i think i'll be fine by not entering this country anymore... my question is can i go out of this country without i-94? won't they ask for it at the airport?

thanks,

lika

Comment

Where did you send your I-94? For extension of your stay? INS requires only a photocopy of the I-94.
          At this point your decision not to study here in the US is prudent as it is very hard to convince lately changing visa to F-1 here in the US.I guess you know that to have an F-1 visa you have to get it in your mother country.best of luck!

Comment

Kalika, you can leave the country whenever you want without surrendering the I-94 card. Again, legally speaking, you won't be able to obtain US visa or re-enter US in the future. Think twice.

James

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed