AOS Interview in Calif??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AOS Interview in Calif??

Hi wondering if anybody had an AOS interview recently. I am waiting for mine. Filed AOS in March 2003. still waiting. I heard it takes 6-9 months.

If anyone had AOS interview in Calif lately, pls provide some info:
    - questions asked
    - documents to bring
    - passport get stamped?

Good luck to all

Hi wondering if anybody had an AOS interview recently. I am waiting for mine. Filed AOS in March 2003. still waiting. I heard it takes 6-9 months.

If anyone had AOS interview in Calif lately, pls provide some info:
    - questions asked
    - documents to bring
    - passport get stamped?

Good luck to all

Comment

Did you file at CSC, or at a district office? Processing times for AOS vary by district (San Francisco tends to be faster than Los Angeles, for example), so if you let people know where you filed you might get more useful information.

Regarding what to bring to the interview, the AOS appointment notice will have a list of all documents that you should bring (basically, all immigration documents, driver's license or ID card, and passport). If the interview goes well, BCIS stamps your passport at the end of the interview, and the green card follows a few months later in the mail.

Comment

I had a lawyer prepared my case so I have no idea where it was sent.

I heard that now. they rarely stamp your passport unless they have clear your background check. Ppl has to wait for months in order to get their passport stamped. Plus after that I need to wait 2 yrs to remove my conditonal GC.

Comment

Your application should have been filed with the District Office (because it's a marriage-based I-130/I-485). Which district you are in depends on where you reside.

You are correct, if your fingerprints have not cleared, they cannot stamp your passport at the interview. Because of the heightened security concerns and background checks, clearance takes longer. If the passport can't be stamped at the interview, CIS will mail out a notice after the interview, advising the applicant that the I-485 has been approved, and to come in to the office to get the passport stamped. CIS collects the EAD card at that time, if the applicant has one.

Lastly, even if the approval is conditional, CIS will stamp the approval in the passport, and a conditional GC will follow in the mail.

Comment

My friend filed her case at SF and approved before 6 months. She already received her actual greencard which only took 3 weeks from her AOS interview, which they said it might take up to 6 months. Her passport was stamped. Its quite an easy journey for her

Comment

Working...
            X