Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

illegal entry at 3 y.o., now is 17 without ANY status, and in criminal justice system

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• illegal entry at 3 y.o., now is 17 without ANY status, and in criminal justice system

Young man - 17 years old now - (who entered USA at 3 years old on a visitor visa with his mother - also on a visa - now expired and without any papers) is currently involved in the criminal justice system and has a problem with marijuana.

I am trying to get him some help for his drug problem but am having difficulty getting anyone to pay for it....any court related programs will not take him because he has no SSN and no docs.

I heard that yesterday was "Immigrant Student Day" in Washington and that there is a bill introduced to get legal status for those who came here so young.

Any suggestions as to what can be done to help this young man - organizations etc would greatly be appreciate

Young man - 17 years old now - (who entered USA at 3 years old on a visitor visa with his mother - also on a visa - now expired and without any papers) is currently involved in the criminal justice system and has a problem with marijuana.

I am trying to get him some help for his drug problem but am having difficulty getting anyone to pay for it....any court related programs will not take him because he has no SSN and no docs.

I heard that yesterday was "Immigrant Student Day" in Washington and that there is a bill introduced to get legal status for those who came here so young.

Any suggestions as to what can be done to help this young man - organizations etc would greatly be appreciate

Comment

He's a minor, even if convicted, its conviction won't count as a deportable crime...INS does not deport minors.

Comment

Working...
      X