Urgent advice needed!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent advice needed!!!

Four years ago, during an INS interview outside the United States, my mother was unable to sign her Form I-590 (Registration for Classification as a Refugee) because she was illiterate. Now in 2003, she is filing Form I-730 (Refugee Relative Petition) for her husand and she did sign that form. The INS is demanding an explanation why she could not sign the first form. The fact is she has learned a lot, including taking private tutorials since she came into the U.S 3 years ago. Is this a difficult thing to explain or prove to Immigration. Please advise!! Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks

Four years ago, during an INS interview outside the United States, my mother was unable to sign her Form I-590 (Registration for Classification as a Refugee) because she was illiterate. Now in 2003, she is filing Form I-730 (Refugee Relative Petition) for her husand and she did sign that form. The INS is demanding an explanation why she could not sign the first form. The fact is she has learned a lot, including taking private tutorials since she came into the U.S 3 years ago. Is this a difficult thing to explain or prove to Immigration. Please advise!! Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks

Comment

just show any certificates she may have recieved from the instituion she leanred to sign her name..shouldnt be much of a problem

Comment

I think happygolucky is right...if you show some kind of document of certificate from institution...BCIS should be ok with it...Good Luck...Pasha

Comment

IF there are no certification of study, you can always say that she is never went to school and she was not able to sign it previously. now she can sigh with diffculty ( she has to give an affidavit). Notorized.
          Its a discussion, not a legal advise..

Comment

Working...
          X