am i "immideate relative"? Please advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• am i "immideate relative"? Please advice

I am married son of USC, and we got our I130 approved (whhohooo). Now question is - i know that i could apply for GC only when my priority date is current, and i believe i am in 3rd pref. category, so its like 5 years backlog or something. But i seen numerious posts where Umesh and others said that immideate relative dates are always current. Is it so, and if yet - am i considered as one or not?

(I mean heck - how more immideate you could be 8))

(btw not i am not illegal, quite opposite - i am working on h1b here for quite a while now. Just didnt really want to apply for GC before)

Thank you.

I am married son of USC, and we got our I130 approved (whhohooo). Now question is - i know that i could apply for GC only when my priority date is current, and i believe i am in 3rd pref. category, so its like 5 years backlog or something. But i seen numerious posts where Umesh and others said that immideate relative dates are always current. Is it so, and if yet - am i considered as one or not?

(I mean heck - how more immideate you could be 8))

(btw not i am not illegal, quite opposite - i am working on h1b here for quite a while now. Just didnt really want to apply for GC before)

Thank you.

Comment

The answer is no. Immediate relatives (IR) are spouses of USC's and parents of USC's. You are in the "F" category, 'Family - 3rd preference - F3. That is why there is a waiting period of about 4-5 years - there are numerical limitations on how many immigrant visas can be issued in a given year in certain categories - there are no such restrictions on "Immediate relative" - which is why this category has that name - the petition upon approval is "current" and a visa can be issued to the qualified individual when all the rest of the paperwork is in order.

Comment

Good answer someone

Comment

Thanks.

Good! Less excuses for me to stay - more reasons to come home after work is finished.

Comment

deporting stupid gits might help much more

Comment

Working...
            X