Canadian PR visiting US (Please help)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian PR visiting US (Please help)

My niece who is holding Canadian Green Card (Landing Papers) visited US recently (Feb 15th, 2003). Since there is no visa requirement for visiting US she came to US by Bus. When she crossed the Boarder she did not get any stamping on her passport etc. I came to know that from March 17th 2003 Canadian Landed immigrants need a visa to visit US. Please help how this will effect on her visiting status? She doesn't have any status in US.

1. How long can she be able to stay in US?
    2. When she goes back to Canada after March 17th do the INS people give trouble because of she doesn't have any visa while she visited US?

Please help

My niece who is holding Canadian Green Card (Landing Papers) visited US recently (Feb 15th, 2003). Since there is no visa requirement for visiting US she came to US by Bus. When she crossed the Boarder she did not get any stamping on her passport etc. I came to know that from March 17th 2003 Canadian Landed immigrants need a visa to visit US. Please help how this will effect on her visiting status? She doesn't have any status in US.

1. How long can she be able to stay in US?
    2. When she goes back to Canada after March 17th do the INS people give trouble because of she doesn't have any visa while she visited US?

Please help

Comment

No she will not have hard time but it will be better if she leaves prior to March 17 and then come back later. On her arrival again they will stamp her Passport and mention period of time, she can stay here.
      Good luck.

Comment

to umesh,

how long a canadian PR holder will get the visa for? is it a multiple entry? i travel to usa to see my husband often because he can not come here w/o advance parole. so everytime i go there i need to apply for visa?

thanks

Comment

To Dipti:
          Uptill now there was no limit but it had to be for a reasonable time say 4 - 6 weeks as a visitor. But now onward, the INS at the Border will let you know how much time you can stay in the United States.
          Good luck.

Comment

Can a Canadian Landed immigrant ( male ) visit US without a visa before March 17?

Comment

Normally yes but with upcoming chances it might be advised to get a visa anyways.

Comment

To Deepti

Follow this link www.amcits.com/bcc.asp

My wife also in a same situation like you. I heard that now they are giving visa's for 90 days. If you go through the link above you can get all the information about how to get a visa to visit US and what forms needs to be filled etc.

Good luck

Comment

Thanks Umesh and Kishore for your valuable info about visa for canadian landed immigrants. But, this became very difficult for people like me who needs to visit US often (unless it's a multiple entry visa). Because, this visa for only 90 days and i need to visit my husband through out the year. Any solution to this? anybody?

Thanks

Comment

Deepti

As My Wife is in the same position and we are planning to do something like this, She will stay in Canada for 3 months etc and then apply for visa and then visit US(depending on the visa date given to stay in US) and then return to Canada again. We are searching for some people who share rooms so that My wife can find some accommodation....

As far as I know there is no other way to travel frequently to US other than applying for Visa..

If you have any idea about people sharing rooms or who are searching for payingguest then please let me know....

Thanks in advance...

Comment

Working...
                    X