Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first interview

Hello Everyone,

I have an interview with immigration on Octerber 29, 2009. And I am a little nervous/scared, cuz I'm not sure what to expect with the officer who is going to interview me. For all I know is that, I have to study a little bit of Civic and History test questions, and I'm pretty sure I can pass that part. But everything else Im nervous about. Im sure lots of you went through this process already. I guess I just want to know what to expect from them. By the way, I live in San Diego. Appreciate the answers.

Hello Everyone,

I have an interview with immigration on Octerber 29, 2009. And I am a little nervous/scared, cuz I'm not sure what to expect with the officer who is going to interview me. For all I know is that, I have to study a little bit of Civic and History test questions, and I'm pretty sure I can pass that part. But everything else Im nervous about. Im sure lots of you went through this process already. I guess I just want to know what to expect from them. By the way, I live in San Diego. Appreciate the answers.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
      What sort of interview is this for? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's an interview to be a permanent resident or for green card, or whatever they call that . My first interview.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
        Based on marriage or a job? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, not through a marrige or job.

Comment

Green card apps don't require a civics test. Their only concern is the legitimacy of the applicant as it relates to the sponsoring entity or reason. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Since my mother petitioned me, would they interview her also? Do you know what type of questions they would asked?. By the way, I really appreciate your answers davdah.

Comment

Sounds like a peace of cake, but I know is not going to be that easy when I get there . Thanks again.

Comment

Leopoldo, it probably won't be that difficult either

Just relax, be yourself, and answer their questions openly and honestly. Do that and you'll be fine.

Afterwards, maybe you could come back and tell us what kind of questions were asked so that we'll be able to help the next person that comes along with the same query.

Good luck!
              The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

Comment

I hate to be a skeptic, but based on all the other c.rap that's gone on this forum, I think Leopold is not a new poster. If I'm wrong, sorry.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ProudUSC:
                  I hate to be a skeptic, but based on all the other c.rap that's gone on this forum, I think Leopold is not a new poster. If I'm wrong, sorry. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

haha. No, acutally I just signed up lastnight (Pacific Time). I was searching around Google, and ran in to this site. So yes, I am new here..

Comment

Sorry, Leopold. We've had alot of stupid stuff going on here lately. If you are indeed new, welcome!

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Civic and History test questions </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                      Are you in the US?
                      What is your current status?
                      Have you stayed in the US beyong your NIV visa?
                      or Are you overseas?

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tak:
                        <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Civic and History test questions </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                        Are you in the US?
                        What is your current status?
                        Have you stayed in the US beyong your NIV visa?
                        or Are you overseas? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes. I am in the US. I live in San Diego.

Comment

One thing I forgot to mention. If your interview is in the Chula Vista office don't let the place intimidate you. It looks like a military bunker or ****eon with all the concrete and absense of windows. The halls are dimly lit and the offices give the appearance of no escape. Part of the psyc affect. Look at it this way. That place could withstand a nuclear blast, so at least you will be safe, LOL. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

L0L. I've been to the Chula Vista one many times, I know exactly what you mean.haha. But fortunately, they sent me the notice letter, I will be interviewed in Downtown, which is in front street. Not in Chula Vista.

Comment

One thing I forgot to mention. If your interview is in the Chula Vista office don't let the place intimidate you. It looks like a military bunker or ****eon with all the concrete and absense of windows. The halls are dimly lit and the offices give the appearance of no escape. Part of the psyc affect. Look at it this way. That place could withstand a nuclear blast, so at least you will be safe, LOL. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So, USCIS offices don't only look ugly here in NJ. When I went for the first time, I was shocked about the amount of dirt and clutter. Stained and loose ceiling tiles.

If I wouldn't have had been here for so long already, I'd probably said....Welcome to America! It's a shame if you ask me to have run-down offices like that.
                            “...I may condemn what you say, but I will give my life for that you may say it”! - Voltaire

Comment

I drove right past the USCIS Newark office last time I was up here. Looked like a dump! Reminiscent of the DHSS in UK (Social Security). Guess what? I'm back in Newark again...lucky me!
                              "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Comment

Working...
                              X