Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can an illegal get a restraining order against someone?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can an illegal get a restraining order against someone?

Hi! I was just wondering if it can be done? my roommate's niece who's a paranoia schzicophrenic is coming to visit for 3 weeks and the last time she was here(1 yr ago), she threatened to kill me, which was whitnessed by my roommate and now my roommate claims she has calmed down a lot and I just want to know my rights. I am going to ask my roommate to write me a note stating that she won't be here longer than 3 weeks and just the stuff she told me like she'll be with her the whole time, etc. please advice as to what needs to on the paper besides the terms and her signature? Thanks so much in advance...

Sonia
    ny

Hi! I was just wondering if it can be done? my roommate's niece who's a paranoia schzicophrenic is coming to visit for 3 weeks and the last time she was here(1 yr ago), she threatened to kill me, which was whitnessed by my roommate and now my roommate claims she has calmed down a lot and I just want to know my rights. I am going to ask my roommate to write me a note stating that she won't be here longer than 3 weeks and just the stuff she told me like she'll be with her the whole time, etc. please advice as to what needs to on the paper besides the terms and her signature? Thanks so much in advance...

Sonia
    ny

Comment

yOU BREAK OUR LAWS THEN WANT THE PROTECTION OF THEM, ILLEGALS NEED TO GO HOME.

Comment

Generally speaking....domestic violence restraining orders are handled in state court and your immigration status is not considered by the judge. Each state is different as far as the requirements go....but you have to meet certain requirements to get such a restraining order issued. The requirements will be in the state statute where you reside. GOOD LUCK

Comment

Yes .. you can get restraining order.
          Its a discussion, not a legal advise..

Comment

anyone on US soil is protected by our laws, including violence, threats, etc. Your immigration status means nothing.

-= nav =-

Comment

Working...
            X