Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tourist visa processing time delays due to visa overstay

Hey,
    I am an Australian citizen who overstayed my 90 VWP by 6 days (completely accidental!!!).. then when I flew into Minessota from London in Sept, I was denied entry at immigration.. since then, I have returned to Australia and applied for a tourist visa.. during checks, my fingerprints were required by the consulate as I came up on a database they have.. these fingerprints have been sent to check with FBI and INS records.. they told me this process would take 3-4 weeks.. now.. 3 months later they haven't come back.. The consulate says there is nothing they can do but wait as they are not allowed to check on the processing time. Does anyone know if there is anyway I can find out or speed up the process??!?? I simply want to get my tourist visa.. I don't want to cause any sort of fuss that could land me in further trouble. Thanks!

Hey,
    I am an Australian citizen who overstayed my 90 VWP by 6 days (completely accidental!!!).. then when I flew into Minessota from London in Sept, I was denied entry at immigration.. since then, I have returned to Australia and applied for a tourist visa.. during checks, my fingerprints were required by the consulate as I came up on a database they have.. these fingerprints have been sent to check with FBI and INS records.. they told me this process would take 3-4 weeks.. now.. 3 months later they haven't come back.. The consulate says there is nothing they can do but wait as they are not allowed to check on the processing time. Does anyone know if there is anyway I can find out or speed up the process??!?? I simply want to get my tourist visa.. I don't want to cause any sort of fuss that could land me in further trouble. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
    X