BIG IMMIGRATION NEWS FROM PRESIDENT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BIG IMMIGRATION NEWS FROM PRESIDENT

On 11/02/2002, the President signed the bill (HR 2215) permitting the extension of H-1 status beyond six years for people with pending labor certifications. This bill will permit those who have labor certifications pending for 365 days or more to extend their H-1 stay beyond the six year limit in increments of one year.

*********The H-1B status will end if the application for labor certification, I-140 or I-485 is denied.******

Does anyone know if the latter part means that even if you have time left under h1-b, that it will be terminated? PLEASE HELP!!!

On 11/02/2002, the President signed the bill (HR 2215) permitting the extension of H-1 status beyond six years for people with pending labor certifications. This bill will permit those who have labor certifications pending for 365 days or more to extend their H-1 stay beyond the six year limit in increments of one year.

*********The H-1B status will end if the application for labor certification, I-140 or I-485 is denied.******

Does anyone know if the latter part means that even if you have time left under h1-b, that it will be terminated? PLEASE HELP!!!

Comment

Working...
    X