Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B stamping in Toronto - actual experience

Hi, guys!

I got lots of info from this forum, so I'm sharing my experience for those who interested... about H1 stamping.

I took me 2 days - 1 for the interview and one to pick up my passport. Be prepared to stand in line for 1-2 hours no matter when is your interview. It was VERY COLD that day (Apr 1), so be ready and bundle up. Same waiting is true for the day of passport pick-up. Do not take ANY electronic items with you. I had a camera battery in my bag and had to physically throw it away ($50) in the trash outside.
    When you admitted to the building the wait there is another hour or so.

I got my degree outside US, so I was asked for my original diploma and the notarized translation of it. The whole petition binder, letters of recommendation and letters from work, also why did I come to Canada to get my visa. The whole thing was 10 minutes or so, quite polite but I would say thorogh. They went thru all documents I had and I was asked question about what I did before in the states, about my familly and asked for my old passport with all my old visas.

I'll try to answer any questions if you have any, since I remember how anxious I was before going there and was desperately looking for any info

Good luck everybody and God bless!

Hi, guys!

I got lots of info from this forum, so I'm sharing my experience for those who interested... about H1 stamping.

I took me 2 days - 1 for the interview and one to pick up my passport. Be prepared to stand in line for 1-2 hours no matter when is your interview. It was VERY COLD that day (Apr 1), so be ready and bundle up. Same waiting is true for the day of passport pick-up. Do not take ANY electronic items with you. I had a camera battery in my bag and had to physically throw it away ($50) in the trash outside.
    When you admitted to the building the wait there is another hour or so.

I got my degree outside US, so I was asked for my original diploma and the notarized translation of it. The whole petition binder, letters of recommendation and letters from work, also why did I come to Canada to get my visa. The whole thing was 10 minutes or so, quite polite but I would say thorogh. They went thru all documents I had and I was asked question about what I did before in the states, about my familly and asked for my old passport with all my old visas.

I'll try to answer any questions if you have any, since I remember how anxious I was before going there and was desperately looking for any info

Good luck everybody and God bless!

Comment

Working...
    X