A2 visa

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A2 visa

I'm 25 and still on an A2 visa. I just graduated with a B.A. I have been in this country legally for 15 years.
    My question is, Is there anyway I can apply for a green card?

I'm 25 and still on an A2 visa. I just graduated with a B.A. I have been in this country legally for 15 years.
    My question is, Is there anyway I can apply for a green card?

Comment

You are foreign government official or employee or immediate family member. What country you come from and how you can live on this Diplomatic Visa for that long?

Comment

Our Diplomat (US) do not leave more then two years in any posted place some time 3yaers,no more.

Comment

my mother is not a diplomat but works for a consulate as a driver.

Comment

Interesting question.but who would petition for you?

Comment

somebody told me that if you live in US legally for a continuous period of five years, you can apply for adjustment of status towards a green card but i am not sure about that. You should do some search about that as you are in US legally.

Comment

somebody told me that if you live in US legally for a continuous period of five years, you can apply for adjustment of status towards a green card but i am not sure about that. You should do some search about that as you are in US legally.

Comment

To Bohica,

All my friends and some relatives are American Citizens. I think they can...but is that all I would need? A petition?

Comment

To Frazay,
                    I already asked a lawyer about that...he said that on an A2 visa you cannot.

Comment

you can be petitioned for by your parents or brothers or sisters if they are US citizens or green card holders.
                      please read http://uscis.gov/graphics/index.htm carefully

Comment

I'm not sure what a A2 visa is, but if it's the diplomatic one most immigration rules don't apply. Even if he was born here (a natural born) he wouldn't be a U.S. citizen. So it's very complicated. Friends and distant relatives etc. can't sponsor you...

Comment

Working...
                        X