Record time for I-130

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Record time for I-130

I am a USC born in country X. I married my boyfriend, a citizen and resident in country X in country X on June 7th. I filed I-130 in US Embassy in country X's capital on June 26th, and his resident visa was approved at interview August 4. We flew to Houston on August 5th. That must be a world record, from marriage to permanent residence in 2 months. It just goes to show that the BCIS really DOES have their act together on occasion. Please don't ask me to name country X!

I am a USC born in country X. I married my boyfriend, a citizen and resident in country X in country X on June 7th. I filed I-130 in US Embassy in country X's capital on June 26th, and his resident visa was approved at interview August 4. We flew to Houston on August 5th. That must be a world record, from marriage to permanent residence in 2 months. It just goes to show that the BCIS really DOES have their act together on occasion. Please don't ask me to name country X!

Comment

You must have scratched someone's back somewhere or you are not telling everything.

Thats not normal.

Comment

Wow - amazing. (You did mean conditional residency though, right? With the new marriage, eligibility for permanent won't come for three years???

Comment

To Justo:
          That is true. When you file at at American Embassy which has a Immigration office there, it just takes couple of weeks for approval and rest of work is done at Embassy, which is a part of Department of State.

To m.e.:
          Congratulations and Good luck.

Comment

Yes when you say approval, do you mean the actual marriage interview for AOS? Is that to say that if you have been married for longer than 2 years then it would take a couple of weeks to have everything done?

Then all couples awaiting AOS should go for a 3 week vacation and have it all done at the foreign embassy. Why come here and deal with these lazy BCIS people who take ages to do simple stuff?

Comment

My husband will have to wait 21 months for adjustment to permanent status, because we were married only 2 months ago.

My USC sister co-sponsored I-864 Affidavit of Support for us, bless her.

I have always been well-treated in consular affairs by the staff of US Embassy in the capital, maybe because my USC father has lived in country X since 1973.

The bottom line: if USC is also a citizen of non-USC's country (as I am), getting married in non-USC's country and applying for I-130 at US Embassy there could be the fastest and easiest way to go; 60 days from marriage to residence for spouse must be a modern record for BCIS.

Comment

Working...
              X