Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Overstayed w/ B-2 Visa but married to USC...What's next??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overstayed w/ B-2 Visa but married to USC...What's next??

My husband overstayed his B-2 Visa but we were recently married. We want to know what's the next step or will his overstay cause problems???
    Thanks for any help that you can give

My husband overstayed his B-2 Visa but we were recently married. We want to know what's the next step or will his overstay cause problems???
    Thanks for any help that you can give

Comment

He still can be deported... since he is oversayed.

The best thing to do is to apply using I-130 Petition for Alien Relative...

Then you would need to use AOS (Adjust of Status)because he oversayed his visa

This is not a big deal since he is not unducumented, just oversayed.

Comment

I-130 (PETITION FOR ALIEN RELATIVE)

I-485 (ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS)

I-765 (WORK AUTHORIZARTION)

IT'S QUICKER

Comment

If you are a USC and he entered legally you should file the whole package. The overstay and even an unauthorized work before you filed is not gonna be a big problem.

Comment

JOSEPHINE SCHMO said:

I-130 (PETITION FOR ALIEN RELATIVE)

I-485 (ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS)

I-765 (WORK AUTHORIZARTION)

IT'S QUICKER

Wouldn't that be a petition for alien fiance (I think it's an I-29?) instead of alien relative? Aren't these two different forms.
            Also, are you saying that if you marry a U.S. citizen, an overstay is forgiven even if it was over a year?

Comment

The I-129F applies to fiance visas. You should file the I-130 with the AOS package. Contact me at info@myronmorales.com if you have any questions.

Comment

Working...
              X