Sending I-75I form late.......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sending I-75I form late.......

My spouse sent the I-75I form within the 90 days after her 2 yrs as a conditional permanent resident, but was not getting an answer from INS. Finally, she went to the local office and they told her she was not in the system. She sent another I-75I form close the 90 day deadline, but the INS replied with a form asking for an expanation for filing late. Do we need to send another type of form or write a letter explaining what happened? Do we need a lawyer? Your help will be greatly appreciated.

My spouse sent the I-75I form within the 90 days after her 2 yrs as a conditional permanent resident, but was not getting an answer from INS. Finally, she went to the local office and they told her she was not in the system. She sent another I-75I form close the 90 day deadline, but the INS replied with a form asking for an expanation for filing late. Do we need to send another type of form or write a letter explaining what happened? Do we need a lawyer? Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Did it get to their office late?

Just do what the letter says, write them explaining that you had filed went down there and told that they never got it and filed again. I don't think you need another form.

Comment

Yes, they did recieved letter because it was certified, but form arrived late and INS is requesting an explanation. I will send a letter stating what happened. Thank you Marie for your help and advice.

Comment

I'm sure it's a stressful time but I'm sure you'll be fine. At least they wanted to know what happened

Comment

Working...
          X