extraordinary ability

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• extraordinary ability

What are the chances of getting a visa by being an athlete who has competed in the martial arts field internationally for Eygpt and Qatar? Is this very hard and should I try for a different employment visa and if so what?

What are the chances of getting a visa by being an athlete who has competed in the martial arts field internationally for Eygpt and Qatar? Is this very hard and should I try for a different employment visa and if so what?

Comment

It's possible for athletes to file extraordinary ability petitions; however, it's necessary to show that you were among the elite in your field.

I don't know how competive the martial arts field is in either Egypt or Qatar, so by itself, the fact that you competed internationally for these countries wouldn't show that you are an alien of extraordinary ability. (If you will pardon the analogy, the members of the first Jamaican bobsled team would not have been considered "extraordinary", even though they went to the Olympics.)

However, if you took part in international competitions (i.e., world championships, Olympics, Goodwill Games), and medaled or finished high in the final rankings, that might show that you are extraordinary.

Comment

Working...
      X