Can I travel safely now?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I travel safely now?

Hi I came here as a family reunification with my father(political asylum derivative). I am 26 years old. Last year after 5years of waiting(here in the US) I finally got my green-card. Recently I had an argument with my father and he is treating me that if I will travel outside of US he will talk to the INS to forbid me to enter the US again( for the reason he signed papers that he is responsable for me until I will be a citizen) . He does not have citizenship, he is just a permanent resident like me.
    Can he do that ? Can he cause me trouble until I will get my citizenship just because he brought me here? I am trying to find specific information on this site, didn't find it yet. If you have knowledge please answer my post because in 2 days I will have to leave . thank you

Hi I came here as a family reunification with my father(political asylum derivative). I am 26 years old. Last year after 5years of waiting(here in the US) I finally got my green-card. Recently I had an argument with my father and he is treating me that if I will travel outside of US he will talk to the INS to forbid me to enter the US again( for the reason he signed papers that he is responsable for me until I will be a citizen) . He does not have citizenship, he is just a permanent resident like me.
    Can he do that ? Can he cause me trouble until I will get my citizenship just because he brought me here? I am trying to find specific information on this site, didn't find it yet. If you have knowledge please answer my post because in 2 days I will have to leave . thank you

Comment

Technically he is only financially responsible for you so talking to BCIS won't get you in trouble unless he has evidence of some wrongdoing.

Even if he has, chances are slim that this will affect your re-entry.

If you want to be sure call BCIS or an attorney to discuss your case.

http://www.immigrate2us.net

Comment

deport illegal aliens

Comment

Working...
        X