2 quick TN questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 quick TN questions

I think TN is the best way for me to work in the US. I'm a Canadain Citizen. I have an associates degree in Computer Animation, some Macromedia classes and 3 years experience. I want to enter under graphic designer but will my animation degree qualify and my 3 years of experience are not after my degree but done, before and during. Is this going to be a problem?
    How hard is it to get TN? And, lastly.. can I use my degree if I get a job making websites? It's all graphic arts to me but they might not think so. Help please. Thanks.

I think TN is the best way for me to work in the US. I'm a Canadain Citizen. I have an associates degree in Computer Animation, some Macromedia classes and 3 years experience. I want to enter under graphic designer but will my animation degree qualify and my 3 years of experience are not after my degree but done, before and during. Is this going to be a problem?
    How hard is it to get TN? And, lastly.. can I use my degree if I get a job making websites? It's all graphic arts to me but they might not think so. Help please. Thanks.

Comment

It is easy to get a TN IF you fit the requirements. There are very specific definitions for both job requirements and education requirements. Check the website www,grasmick.com for very good info on Canada/US non-immigration visas.

Basically you need:
      Job letter - temporary employment only (can say 1yr with potential for extension)

Job must match TN definitions

Education must match requirements

etc...

You can only get a TN visa at the border (or at US immigration in the airport) when you are crossing the border. It is not too complicated (dep't of labour visa not dep't of justice) but you need the right stuff. Check out that website - they have all the specifics you will need.

Good luck, eh

Comment

Working...
      X