A very strange situation.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A very strange situation.

My wifes moms boyfried has decided that he is going to start legal procedings against me saying I married her for a green card. This is completly untrue, I love her more than anything. She is 18 and I am 22 (from England). After living together for six months we decided to get married even though we did not have enough money to get a place together. Because of that she stayed living at home and I am waiting for my work permit so I can get a job as a flying instructor, at which time she will move to be with me.
    She has been given an ultimatum that if by the 15th she has not helped her moms boyfriend build a case against me she has to move out and will not be able to see her mom again. I know she will not help him but if she is kicked out I do not know what we would do. I am considering getting a divorce because I dont want anything bad to happen to her, I couldn't live with myself if anything happened to her because of this. Are there any legal options open to deal with a man like that.

My wifes moms boyfried has decided that he is going to start legal procedings against me saying I married her for a green card. This is completly untrue, I love her more than anything. She is 18 and I am 22 (from England). After living together for six months we decided to get married even though we did not have enough money to get a place together. Because of that she stayed living at home and I am waiting for my work permit so I can get a job as a flying instructor, at which time she will move to be with me.
    She has been given an ultimatum that if by the 15th she has not helped her moms boyfriend build a case against me she has to move out and will not be able to see her mom again. I know she will not help him but if she is kicked out I do not know what we would do. I am considering getting a divorce because I dont want anything bad to happen to her, I couldn't live with myself if anything happened to her because of this. Are there any legal options open to deal with a man like that.

Comment

I don't know about legal options, because this guy has no rights, legal or otherwise, in this matter. Any mother who would not support her daughter to please a boyfriend isn't worth your wife's time anyway. Is there no way for her to move out, maybe get a roommate or stay with friends until your situation is resolved? Because she is a legal adult her mother is no longer responsible for her support. It's a tough situation, and I wish you the best of luck. But I don't see where this idiot boyfriend has any legal recourse against you.

Comment

Linda is right, this "idiot boyfriend" has no legal personality to bring any legal action against your wife. He is merely a squater so to speak taking advantage of wife's mom.

On the other hand your wife may have a cause of action against this "boyfriend". One of the grounds may be, is alienation of love between mother and daughter or may be this alienation of love may be a ground for eviction.

Love knows no bound. Fight for your wife's right. Divorsing her is not a solution.

Comment

it cannot be proven unless you wife testify in the court, first he have no right to file the case . your spouse is the only one who can do that to you. Judge will not even hear it. case will be out of the windows right in the first hearing if your wife testify and so say he is unnecessary interfering in my wife to balckmail my mom. He is nobdy to me .
          Don,t worry.

Comment

Thanks alot for all the replys. It helps to know that other people find this situation as strange as I do.

Comment

Thought I would let you know that everything has been worked out. Cant give details as I dont know who is reading this. Thanks for the support.

Comment

Be careful!!!, unless he has departed the scene it could be a ploy. Nevertheless I am pleased.

Comment

Working...
                X