Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Completed Registration

Hello

I completed my registration today, although I feel I was not required to register since I am an Indian Citizen born in Bahrain, but I guess the INS officer decided to register anyways.

The INS office in Question is in Newark, NJ

My I-94 and Visa page now has the FIN #

My next question is:

1. What happens when I exit out of the country?
    2. Would I be subject to special registration
    each time I enter the US

3. Would I have more problems in the future to re-
    enter the United States.

Please help by answering the questions above since I am planning on a trip to India in the next two weeks. If anyone come back to the US after the special registration and can share his/her experience that would be really very very helpful

Thanks

Hello

I completed my registration today, although I feel I was not required to register since I am an Indian Citizen born in Bahrain, but I guess the INS officer decided to register anyways.

The INS office in Question is in Newark, NJ

My I-94 and Visa page now has the FIN #

My next question is:

each time I enter the US

enter the United States.

Please help by answering the questions above since I am planning on a trip to India in the next two weeks. If anyone come back to the US after the special registration and can share his/her experience that would be really very very helpful

Thanks

Comment

Does anyone have any idea about this?

Thanks

Comment

NOTHING WILL HAPPEN

each time I enter the US

YES, WITHIN 30-40 DAYS AFTER EACH TRIP OUTSIDE THE US, OR ON YEARLY BASIS I.E. 1 YR & 10 DAYS

enter the United States.

NO, THAT IS IF YOU KEEP YOUR VISA/STATUS CLEAN

Comment

Since you are a Indian Citizen, you had no obligation to register. Anyway, since you have registered, it will not make any difference to you. If you have a valid visa, you will not have any problem in coming back to the United States after your visit to India.
          Good luck.

Comment

Umesh

Does this mean that after I come back, I may not be subject to special registration and the 30-40 days or the 1 yaer and 10 day rule.

Please enlighten

thanks

Comment

This person did have to register, but he was stupid to go to register, of course.

Comment

Yes, that is right. You will have no problem.
                Good luck.

Comment

Provocative thread...

Comment

S,

It seems more like you are paranoid. If I have nothing to hide why should I not register, specially since I have always been clean in my visa status.

Also the advise was given to me by AILA and several reputed lawyers in an email format:

The lawyers include: Cyrus mehta & Sheela murthy

When I went up to the interview, I categorically asked the INS office, DO I have to register? His reply was:

It is a Good thing you came today (since it was the last day), or else I could have been subjected to fine, arrest, detention and possible deportation.

Now, If I am subject to an annual registration then so be it. If it is the law I will follow it.

Just so you know, u little ignorant fool the INS officer told me that they have had 500 such registrations similar to my case. (Indian citizen, born in other countries)

Comment

Working...
                    X