i am graduating, i need help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i am graduating, i need help

I am a student at the University of Bridgeport.
    I am expected to graduate this december 2002.

I couldn't attend the school in Spring 2002.
    I was depressed about my mother who is really sick and who also could no longer support me financially.
    I did not give any notice to the school about that.
    I am now out of my F1 status. I am requested to apply for F1 reinstatement.

I am scared to be denied. I have only this semester to graduate.

What should i do... ??

I am a student at the University of Bridgeport.
    I am expected to graduate this december 2002.

I couldn't attend the school in Spring 2002.
    I was depressed about my mother who is really sick and who also could no longer support me financially.
    I did not give any notice to the school about that.
    I am now out of my F1 status. I am requested to apply for F1 reinstatement.

I am scared to be denied. I have only this semester to graduate.

What should i do... ??

Comment

As long as you have a strong supporting letters/document there's a good chance of it being approved. Did the school advisor helped you with the reinstatment? I have done it before because I couldn't enrolled as a full-time student during one semester because the classes were full. I was approved but this was a couple years ago.

Comment

Thanks KM for replying,

Could you tell me what kind of documents i might need.
        I went out of status, because i skipped a semester and did not fill out any permission form.
        Do you think submitting a medical justification will help ?.
        I still didn't give the documents to the international affairs office. I want to make sure before i do anything.

Thanks

Comment

You're welcome!
          First, you should contact the int'l student office. They are very helpful (mine was) and they will tell you exactly what you will need to do and what documents (medical/hospital papers) you need for supporting your reason for being out of status.

Comment

Unless spring was your first semester, as an F-1 student you are not required to take classes during spring/summer (May-August). Only Fall and Winter semesters.

Comment

Hi Marksap,

Are you sure about that ?. I thought you need to be a full time student for fall an spring.

Could any body confirm that, please.

Comment

My school was semester not quarter we had to enroll full-time during spring and fall. It's optional for winter and summer.

Comment

Hi KM,

This is what i was told. fall from september to december and Spring from february to may.

Ok guys, what do you think will help me to present a reason that was beyond my control. Should i get a medical justification, or do you see an other way.

By the way KM, i already talked to the international affairs office and they asked me for a proof.

Comment

GP, something in writing from a shrink ought to do it.

Comment

At my uninersity, we have four semesters:
                      Fall (Sept-Dec)
                      Winter (Jan-April)
                      Spring (May-June)
                      Summer (June-Aug)

We are not required to take any classes in Spring and Summer, only Fall and Winter. I hope that helps

Comment

Sorry to hear about your situation.

If your school uses the Semester system (Spring, Summer & Fall), then you have to attend Spring and Fall as a full time student.

Just out of curiosity was it your international student office that informed you to apply for reinstatement before you can enroll for classes or did you take the initiative to apply for reinstatement on your own?

You're lucky if your international students office is helpful and nice; mine seem to be an extension of the INS.

Comment

I'm not yet in college but I hope to go someday but something you guys said got me excited, I never knew u're only required to go to college just spring &fall in a year, thats just 5 months in a year. Oh wow, thats so cool. So college won't be that hard afterall, i'll have 7 months to sleep, play and make up for other things. College here i come and i wish the person having problems on reinstatement issue goodluck

Comment

I'm not yet in college but I hope to go someday but something you guys said got me excited, I never knew u're only required to go to college just spring &fall in a year, thats just 5 months in a year. Oh wow, thats so cool. So college won't be that hard afterall, i'll have 7 months to sleep, play and make up for other things. College here i come and i wish the person having problems on reinstatement issue goodluck

Comment

Spring + Fall = 9 Months
                              Summer = 3 Months

Comment

Working...
                              X