Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Medical required if already done under a K1 Visa?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medical required if already done under a K1 Visa?

I entered the U.S. on a K1 Fiancee visa(April 2001), got married within 3 months and submitted an adjustment of status application (May 2001).

I have now been scheduled for an adjustment of status interview in New York on 1/29/03. The accompanying paperwork suggests I need a medical. However I had a medical done in the U.K. in Jan 01 as part of the K1 visa process. The INS website seems to indicate that another medical isn't necessary but could anyone clarify?

I entered the U.S. on a K1 Fiancee visa(April 2001), got married within 3 months and submitted an adjustment of status application (May 2001).

I have now been scheduled for an adjustment of status interview in New York on 1/29/03. The accompanying paperwork suggests I need a medical. However I had a medical done in the U.K. in Jan 01 as part of the K1 visa process. The INS website seems to indicate that another medical isn't necessary but could anyone clarify?

Comment

A new physical is not required for fiance(e)s adjusting status unless the adjudicating officer has reason to believe that you may have an inadmissability not previously addressed. The appointment notice for your interview is a form letter that may be safely ignored. If you have been given INS form I-72, then get a designated civil surgeon to complete your medical exam, INS form I-693 and supplemental.

Comment

Working...
      X