X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We need a immigration lawyer with experience on HIV

Hey, we need a immigration lawyer with experience on HIV cases

Im married to a mexican guy, b1 visa expired, 4 months since we married

havent applied for anything... im afriad they can deport him since hes HIV+ and INS webpage says they can put a ban on him just because of his illnes....

we are ready to do anyting, please leave an email, ph# or webpage

PLEASE !!

Hey, we need a immigration lawyer with experience on HIV cases

Im married to a mexican guy, b1 visa expired, 4 months since we married

havent applied for anything... im afriad they can deport him since hes HIV+ and INS webpage says they can put a ban on him just because of his illnes....

we are ready to do anyting, please leave an email, ph# or webpage

PLEASE !!

Comment

If one is married to a USC there is a waiver for HIV and TB but you need a good lawyer to prepare this. I advice you to hire a lawyer in your area. Where are you from?

Comment

Your husband is already in the United States. I don't think, there should be any problem. Try to get a good Immigration Attorney.
        That HIV bar is applicable on people coming into the United States as inadmissible, but your husband is already here.
        May God bless you and solve your problems.

Comment

We are in atlanta area, GA
          theres a lot a lawyers here... how do we know who's good???

any recomendation?
          names?

could an out-of-town lawyer help?
          will this proccess be the same as the others..?
          i mean, the same forms same wating time..???

PLEASE

God bless you'al

Comment

I am in New York so I don't know any Immigration Attorney in Atlanta. You can check with your friends or from Catholic Social Service they may help you in this case. CSS they have their own attorneys and you do not have to spend any money.
            If you will hire an out of State attorney, you will have to spend lot of money, which I won't suggest.
            Try to contact CSS or Legal Aid etc.
            Good luck.

Comment

Therefore the applicant with HIV disease is considered excludable.To remove the excludability he needs a waiver or else your application for adjustment will be denied. This is the reason why we need to submit medical exams. and some diseases they want to rule out are TB, HIV, Syphillis.You need to hire a lawyer from your area unless you are willing to pay some miscellaneous expenses like his plane fare, hotel etc. It's very inconvenient for both of you.Try to look at the yellow pages and once you get one you need to ask them about their accomplishments. You have a complicated case, you need a seasoned lawyer.Goodluck.

Comment

....since your problem is very specific and a subject attached with many prejudices. Some good lawyers may not want to take your case for obvious personal prejudices. You need to carefully research which lawyers are willing and enthusiastic enough to take your case.

If you too are the carrier of the HIV virus, your chances may be slightly higher that you won't encounter as much resistance to you sponsoring your HIV spouse. Good luck!

Comment

I know a lawyer who deals in such cases and is extremely good!

His name is Ron Walker and is in Detroit Michigan. He is known to be an expert in such cases.. I will try to get his contact number and give it to you..

But you can search for him on the net too!

Comment

Yeah, i do know i need a lawyer...i dont mind to hire one, but i dont know how to find a good one, they would all say theyre good and well experienced, thats why im asking you for names.

Now, nobody in this country knows about him being HIV, since he was tested on mexico, has never been in a hospital here... hes not under any kind of medications since his blood cells count is good enough, he got the virus but he is not sick... whatever that means

Since nobody knows about him, what should be better.. find a lawyer and dont say nothing about it, or say it since the begining??
                    i mean, he does have his own health insurance, so i not like hes going to be asking govt help to cover it...

UMESH------------------------------------------

CCS ??? would they take a case like this? i mean, immigration matter, marriage + hiv ?

Comment

Make sure to be honest with your lawyer.He is your defender, by being dishonest you are not really helping your case.You are cheating yourself if you are planning to hide this fact. Remember you are still going to see a doctor for your physical? You will be tested for HIV and other communicable diseases.You need to see a doctor for your own sake.Why don't you ask Atty. Siskind, I think he has a branch in Georgia.

Comment

Does this all mean that an HIV positive applicant will be denied? That a person can be denied legal entry/status if they are HIV+?

Comment

People file for Petition(I-130/I-140),
                          AOS(I-485)
                          There should be a base of Adjustment.
                          Married to USC, Employment base, Others( PA etc etc)
                          There are many clause which makes Alien , disqualify for AOS, which are, criminal background, offended Immigration law in the past, threat to the security, Medical ground, ( HIV, TB, etc) are the few.
                          There are waivers available to get some of the catagory based upon the unusual hardship to USC.( this has be related to USC/LPR), In some cases waivers are not allowed.
                          OK! everything works step by step. If the I-130 is approved then you are allowed to file for I-485. you have option to file togather with I-130 but it will not be looked at unless I-130 approved.
                          IF the I-485 is approvable then only you qualify for waivers otherwise waivers are not be approved.
                          One cannot file the I-145 if the I-130/140 is not approved or filed.
                          In the same way Waiver cannot be filed if others are not approvable or not filed.
                          in this case waiver is allowed for HIV, but only be allowed if all the other conditions are met.

And Yes it can be denied.

Comment

to clarify you on this issue; you said "he got the virus but he is not sick"

having the virus makes a person HIV+ (human immunodeficiency VIRUS positive)

having the oportunistic illness' that result from the weakened immunology of an infected person makes the person having AIDS (Acquired Immunodeficiency SYNDROME).

If you're not HIV+, you should protect yourself from contracting the virus, another thing is that you may not be able to have children in this marriage without the risk of infecting the children (as well as yourself) with this cruel virus! Even if you're HIV+, you would want to protect yourself, since his virus strand could be another one that could get you sick faster (= AIDS) ...

Comment

Well, let's see here. Who is going to pay the medical bills for any future treatment here in the U.S.? You say your husband "has insurance" but many companies DO NOT PAY for HIV treatment - and almost none will pay 100%. Who pays for the remainder - unless you are independently wealthy and can afford such a thing.

There is a REASON for health exams and this is one. The American taxpayers should not be forced to foot the bill for anyone who knowingly is HIV positive and doesn't tell his insurance company (which would probably exclude catastrophic coverage anyway).

Like it or not, this is why INS health rules are there.

Comment

Working...
                              X