FIOA Explain this to me please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FIOA Explain this to me please

I was at the chat tonight and spoke to Azabenko and I asked him about trying to get the original petition the I-130 from INS from a previous case that was sent to them. He told me that my husband can file a FIOA to get a copy of his USCIS file. first time I hear about that. What do I have to do or does my husband have to request for that? Please help.

I was at the chat tonight and spoke to Azabenko and I asked him about trying to get the original petition the I-130 from INS from a previous case that was sent to them. He told me that my husband can file a FIOA to get a copy of his USCIS file. first time I hear about that. What do I have to do or does my husband have to request for that? Please help.

Comment

Hi Josephine,

Well, that was a new one for me also, but I think I finally found the information you are looking for.

Go to this website and I think you will be satisfied with the results.

http://www.usdoj.gov/foia/

Good Luck, Josephine, and I do hope that it helps.

Comment

It's the Freedom of Information Act. A lot of information held at government agencies is "public information" and accessible by the public (because they are taxpayers), for example, I work for the government and anyone wanting to know my salary may request that information. Other information is not available for a variety of reasons. Hope this is helpful, Take care.

Comment

Working...
        X