to Mohan and whoever knows..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• to Mohan and whoever knows..

Can anyone tell me how can a person make sure that he/she won't be detained when goes to pick up EAD if being illigaly here before that?

Can anyone tell me how can a person make sure that he/she won't be detained when goes to pick up EAD if being illigaly here before that?

Comment

FOIA IS the answer.

Comment

Mohan, Could you expand a bit more on how to use FOIA to get this kind of info? Like what form to fill out, and where to file it. Thanks a lot for your valuable contributions here.

Comment

Mohan, your answer isn't clear enough,please specify!

Comment

Freedom of information act is form , you can down fron the INS Local site. there is instruction how to fill it and initially there is no fees required . service wilkl contact you in case of the fees. it should be filed with dept of justice, which reroute the form to other Govt departments. process takes month to 2 months.

Comment

Mohan, yes and? What is your point? Do you imply that if somebody files that form then you can be detained if you are illegal here?How exactly does that work?

Comment

This form will give you information that if there is any outstanding deportation order against you. what you file and all history. if this is clear then you will not be detained.

Comment

O'that's something new! Never heard there is a way to check out the things! Thank you for the information, Mohan.Just wonder what's gonna happen if there is something aginst you?So a person can check if he or she has become illegal based on that form?What can a person do then?

Comment

If you are not sure about your status and have been idling for sometime now the best route is to file a freedom of information act ( FOIA ).Although very easy to do you may ask a lawyer to do this for you.Mohan is right it takes bet. 1-2 mos. to get this packet of information. What you'll see are vast of info about you, your bank and credit history etc. etc.Then you will know what happened to your application ...was it terminated , when, why, ...what are lacking docs. or if you are in removal. You will know all about you from this, so I advice you not to go to a battle where you don't have any ammo. and this is how to protect oneself from being detained. If you are armed with all these info it's easy to fight a battle, are you with me? Goodluck!

Comment

You got the answer. Stay on the board you may learn many new things which may surprise you more.
                      LOL

Comment

Thank you good people!I like this board already.

Comment

IS BEING 7 MONTHS THAT I HAD MY CITIZENSHIP INTERVIEW IN MYC AND STILL WAITING FOR MY SWEARING DATE.DURING THE INTERVIEW, EVERYTHING WENT ON SMOOTHLY.THE EXAMINER SAID TO "CONGRAT FOR BECOMING A US CITIZEN BUT YOU APPLICATION WILL BE REVIEW AND WILL TAKE ABOUT 3 TO 4 MONTHS.FIVE MONTHS LATER, I WENT TO INS TO INQUIRE AND I TOLD MY APPLICATION IS PENDING.THEY PROMISE TO GET BACK TO ME.ONE OF THE GUYS IN THIS ROOM ADVICED ME TO CONTACT MY CONGRESSMAN WHICH I DID.WHEN HE CALLED, INS TOLD HIM MY CASE IS STILL PENDING.
                          INFACT THIS IS WORRISOME.WHAT DO YOU THINK I SHOULD?MAY BE CONSULT AN LAWYER?I DON'T KNOW.
                          PLEASE ADVICE.THANKS IN ADVANCE

Comment

IS BEING 7 MONTHS THAT I HAD MY CITIZENSHIP INTERVIEW IN MYC AND STILL WAITING FOR MY SWEARING DATE.DURING THE INTERVIEW, EVERYTHING WENT ON SMOOTHLY.THE EXAMINER SAID TO "CONGRAT FOR BECOMING A US CITIZEN BUT YOU APPLICATION WILL BE REVIEW AND WILL TAKE ABOUT 3 TO 4 MONTHS.FIVE MONTHS LATER, I WENT TO INS TO INQUIRE AND I TOLD MY APPLICATION IS PENDING.THEY PROMISE TO GET BACK TO ME.ONE OF THE GUYS IN THIS ROOM ADVICED ME TO CONTACT MY CONGRESSMAN WHICH I DID.WHEN HE CALLED, INS TOLD HIM MY CASE IS STILL PENDING.
                            INFACT THIS IS WORRISOME.WHAT DO YOU THINK I SHOULD DO?MAY BE CONSULT A LAWYER?I DON'T KNOW.
                            PLEASE ADVICE.THANKS IN ADVANCE

Comment

Your case is pending for second security check. many other case are in the same situation. its not that you did somthing wrong but I guess its the backlog from the INS. Ins is going thru changees and new registration bill and impect makes other area pushed backward. bear it. I went to seminar yesterday and found out this mess.
                              talk to your lawyers. they might have better idea of swearing date.

Comment

Working...
                              X