Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MARRIAGE CASE (PLEASE HELP)

HI.
    I LIVE IN NEW YORK MY HIB VISA JUST EXPIRED.
    BUT DURING MY STAY IN NEW YORK I MET WITH THE LOVE OF MY LIFE AND WE DECIDE TO GET MARRIED.
    MY QUSTION IS IF I GOT MARRIED NOW WILL I BE ABLE TO ADJUST MY STATUS IN UNITED STATES WITH OUT HAVING THE EXTENTION OF (245I).
    PLEASE HELP ME
    ANY HELPING COMMENTS WILL BE APPRECIATABLE
    THANKS
    BYE

HI.
    I LIVE IN NEW YORK MY HIB VISA JUST EXPIRED.
    BUT DURING MY STAY IN NEW YORK I MET WITH THE LOVE OF MY LIFE AND WE DECIDE TO GET MARRIED.
    MY QUSTION IS IF I GOT MARRIED NOW WILL I BE ABLE TO ADJUST MY STATUS IN UNITED STATES WITH OUT HAVING THE EXTENTION OF (245I).
    PLEASE HELP ME
    ANY HELPING COMMENTS WILL BE APPRECIATABLE
    THANKS
    BYE

Comment

Since you have entered the country legally and you are in a real relationship, yes you are able to adjust your status without 245(i)...

Good luck...

Comment

You are one of the lucky ones. Because you entered legally, you may adjust your status. How long have you been out of status? Make sure that you don't leave the country anytime soon, as you might not get back in. But oyu can file for "advanced parole" if you need to travel. Might be a good idea to do this right when you file the I-130.

Congratulations

Comment

This will only work if your spouse is a US citizen

Comment

You sure can ..Just make sure you do stay married to the man so they wont look at it as something u did to just get ur status all together.
            It dont matter how long u overstayed as long as came in the country legally and get married for love you got it girl.
            Because my case was the same thing until my wife tried to poison my black *** and i left her (hehehehe) Shit aint no way you going to poison me over some green card shit..We went to court and they say they'll deport me i told them i rather be deported than being poisoned by some crasy woman .The judge was laughing and guess what a month after i was granted my green card baby . So baby girl good luck .Good luck and stop here soemtimes to see us sometimes.

Comment

Thanks for sharing your story, that proves only that not all intending immigrant marry someone for green card. Congratulations and keep supporting others.

Good luck and God bless.

Comment

Working...
              X