Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SAMMY, UMESH, ME2, ADVISE 2 or anybody, please help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SAMMY, UMESH, ME2, ADVISE 2 or anybody, please help!

I filed an I-130 & I-485 to apply for a green card for my Mom 3 days after she came to visit me on a B-2 visa (I'm a US citizen). Now I've heard that filing an immigration petition right after a visitor visa entry will be considered fraud as "intent to immigrate" with an non-immigrant visa. Mohan has suggested to let my mom leave before her visa expires and keep the process alive. First I don't know if I could keep the petition alive this way since I filed I-485 AOS for my Mom (that means I'm applying for a green card while she's in the United States.) And I really don't want her to leave now that she's caring for my 4-month old baby. When I go to the interview later, if I tell the immigration officer that my mom changed her mind 3 days after her arrival. Will that be convincing? What are the chances that the petition will be denied? Thanks in advance for your help.

I filed an I-130 & I-485 to apply for a green card for my Mom 3 days after she came to visit me on a B-2 visa (I'm a US citizen). Now I've heard that filing an immigration petition right after a visitor visa entry will be considered fraud as "intent to immigrate" with an non-immigrant visa. Mohan has suggested to let my mom leave before her visa expires and keep the process alive. First I don't know if I could keep the petition alive this way since I filed I-485 AOS for my Mom (that means I'm applying for a green card while she's in the United States.) And I really don't want her to leave now that she's caring for my 4-month old baby. When I go to the interview later, if I tell the immigration officer that my mom changed her mind 3 days after her arrival. Will that be convincing? What are the chances that the petition will be denied? Thanks in advance for your help.

Comment

"Intent to emigrate" is bad ... leaves you without a visa!

Comment

Adam, I don't quite understand your reply. Could you elaborate a little bit? Thanks.

Comment

If I may just wish for Sammy's return to this board, as he is very good in elaborating the matter thru every angles.

Comment

For us, Sammy is like God now. But where is Sammy? Why would somebody say some ugly words toward such a good-hearted person who's well needed here in this community?

Comment

Working...
            X