No announcement yet.

what constitues proof for an I 129F???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what constitues proof for an I 129F???

I'm a USC wanting to marry a Candian Citzen...I understand that I need to file the I129f and all that, but it is asking that we provide proof that we met within the last two years? What evedence constitutes proof? I have picture but none with dates. Credit Cards were all in my name...no hotel bills with both our names...

I'm looking for documents that have work for others who have filed a I129f.

Thanks in advance...

I'm a USC wanting to marry a Candian Citzen...I understand that I need to file the I129f and all that, but it is asking that we provide proof that we met within the last two years? What evedence constitutes proof? I have picture but none with dates. Credit Cards were all in my name...no hotel bills with both our names...

I'm looking for documents that have work for others who have filed a I129f.

Thanks in advance...

Comment

Hello, this link will take you through the whole process of filing a I-129F form and inform you of all the evidence you need..Good luck!

http://www.k1faq.com/

Comment

You can attach any letters, birthday cards, telephone bills showing his phone number from calls that the two of you have exchanged with each other. You should also consider getting your family members and/or friends to write about how they learned of your relationship in the form of an affidavit.

Comment

Hi, My Fiance and I filed our I-129F in Dec 2002.The evidence we submitted were, photo's ( He came to UK and I visited him in US),Written statements from family, proving that we had met and written statements from both of us expressing our love and intent to marry (all statements were notarized) Engagement Announcement from the newspaper (with pic), Copies of our travel documents, and also a cover note explaining how we met. If you can remember the date's you met, you can write them on the back of the pics. It would be helpful if you had kept your travel documents too, i.e Air Ticket/Travel Itinerary etc. Hope this helps and Good Luck

Comment

I DON'T THINK ANYONE HAVE MENTIONED THIS, BUT NOWADY TECHNOLOGY, IT IS MUCH EASIER TO CONTACT EACH OTHER WITH EMAILS. YOU CAN PRINT OUT ALL OF YOU TWO EMAILS AND SUMMIT THAT ALSO. BEST OF LUCK TO YOU FRIEND...

Comment

My fiance' and I posed for a photo holding up a newspaper that clearly had the date on it. That should be proof enough.

Comment

I have just been thru this with the CA Service Center for a I129F petition and there are 2 kinds of evidence. Primary and secondary. The primary evidence to establish the 2year meeting requirement is - airline ticket stubs WITH Month day and YEAR. Watch this. Most stubs do not include the year. Copies of passport pages that show the identificaiton page and admission stamps, military orders, or letter from Commanding Officer. Secondary evidence may be film dated photos, ATM and CC transactions, flight itinerary on airline/travel agency letterhead. The following is directly from my Request for additional evidence letter.. "NOTE: Secondary evidence is only used to support any primary evidence that is submitted as proof of meeting. The following DOES NOT constitue evidence of meeting; disc,videos,emails,letters, phonebills and greeting cards." The passport pages with stamps seem to be the best primary evidence. I know it doesn't make sense since it doesn't actually prove you met it only proves you were inthe country but.. its what they want. Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
                X