Overstay

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overstay

Please help if possible...I came to US many years ago on F-1 but am now out of status for few years.
    My question is if I leave US, and come back with a passport of a different coutry, will INS know? I have dual citizenship of two countries, one in the visa wavier program and the other not. The name is the same in both passports.

Please help if possible...I came to US many years ago on F-1 but am now out of status for few years.
    My question is if I leave US, and come back with a passport of a different coutry, will INS know? I have dual citizenship of two countries, one in the visa wavier program and the other not. The name is the same in both passports.

Comment

as long as you are the same person, you should be fine...

Comment

Are you kidding? You are trying to manipulate the US government after overstaying your visa and then bamboozle the DOS and INS to return.

I usually do not get on the cases of illegals even though I am opposed to it, but that is foul and illegal.

I do not know if you will get caught, but with that kind of thinking, hopefully the INS will notice that you are same person.

Please try to solve your problems legally especially after you have broken our laws.

Like try a lawyer.

Comment

I would just say to be very careful if you do it... make sure you don't leave from the same airport you enter from, leave a large tiem period before re-entering. If you are out of status and they catch you you will be eligible for the 3/10 bar (if I am not mistaken).

If they do catch you be as honest and as charming as you can be....

good luck and let us know if it works... (I at least am curious - intellectually)

Comment

Sally, if your name is spelled the same way, your birthday is the same, your country of birth is the same on both passports, INS will be able to figure out that it's *you*

Comment

I don't think thats wise. You will more than likely get caught and deported to your original country

Comment

Dear Sally,
                Why not gwet free US immigration help.
                I wish you luck with whatever you decide but breaking the immigration laws is not a good idea.
                You could get a 5 to 10 year ban. So go to a Lawyer.

Hope this helps

I dont know where in USA you are but contact these people & they will give you details of free immigration Lawyers in your area.

LIST OF FREE LEGAL SERVICES PROVIDERS

The following organizations and attorneys provide free legal services and/or referrals for such services to indigent individuals in immigration removal proceedings, pursuant to 8 CFR §3.61. Some of these organizations may also charge a nominal fee for legal services to certain low income individuals.

Miami, Florida AMERICAN FRIENDS SERVICE COMMITTEE

1205 Sunset Drive
                South Miami, Florida 33143
                (305) 665-0022; 800-765-8875

Spanish Spoken
                Will only take Guatemalan and Salvadoran cases
                Will not represent detained aliens
                Will take Asylum cases

CATHOLIC CHARITIES OF ST. PETERSBURG, FL
                6533 Ninth Ave North., Ste 1-E
                St. Petersburg, Florida 33710
                (727) 893-1311ext.208

Spanish, Creole, Bosnian, Vietnamese, Albanian, Russian, Croatian, Serbian, and French spoken
                Will not represent detained aliens
                May charge a nominal fee

CHURCH WORLD SERVICE
                5040 NW 7th Street, Ste 920
                Miami, FL 33125
                (305) 774-6770

FARM WORKER'S SELF-HELP, INC.

37240 Lock Street
                Dade City, Florida 33523
                (352) 567-1432

Spanish Spoken
                Will, on some occasions, accept collect calls
                Will not take Asylum cases

FLORIDA IMMIGRANT ADVOCACY CENTER, INC. (FIAC)
                3000 Biscayne Blvd., Suite 400
                Miami, Florida 33137
                (305) 573-1106

Spanish, Creole, and French Spoken
                Will take Asylum cases

FLORIDA IMMIGRANT ADVOCACY CENTER, INC.
                1402 New Market Rd. West, Suite B
                Immokalee, Florida 34142
                (941) 657-7442

Cases with meritorious defenses
                Priority will be given to Manatee County
                Detention and residents of SW Florida
                ONLY Spanish and Creole Spoken

IMMIGRANTS RIGHTS CENTER
                1468 S. Semoran Blvd.
                Orlando, Florida 32807
                (407) 382-4944

Spanish Spoken
                Will take Asylum cases
                May charge a nominal fee

LUTHERAN SERVICES FLORIDA
                4343 W. Flagler St., Suite 200
                Miami, Florida 33134
                (305) 567-2511
                (305) 567-2944, Fax

Creole and Spanish Spoken
                May represent aliens in detention but only within Dade County, including Krome Processing Center
                Will take Asylum cases

SIMON TSANG, ESQ.
                3837 Northdale Blvd., Suite 302
                Tampa, Florida 33624
                (813) 265-8152; (727) 547-6097

Will take Asylum cases

All times are ET

Comment

Anon, Please stop being childish....who ever you are someone in your family came into this country as an immigrant at one point in time so don't try to deprive other for an opportunity that took advantage of everybody in the US came through immigration (appart from native Indians but that is another debate)
                  So please we are trying to be constructive here if you have some frustration go and take a cold shower, we are not here to wish people bad luck at ALL!!!!!!!

Comment

Yes, they will probably catch you, matching name/birth date/birth country.
                    Maybe not on your first/second ... entry, but eventually, they will.
                    Even if one of your passports is from a VWP country, you can no longer travel to the USA under the VWP once you have overstayed even one day.
                    This is stated on the web page of the US embassy in Sweden:
                    NOTE: ANY PERSON WHO HAS STAYED IN THE UNITED STATES LONGER THAN 90 DAYS DURING A PREVIOUS VISIT ON VWP IS INELIGIBLE TO USE THIS PROGRAM AND MUST OBTAIN A VISA.

Comment

I too am have overstayed my B-2 visa and have two passports. However, due to a processing mistake the two passports have different countries of birth.

Could the INS figure out the me form one country is the same as the other me from another?

Comment

Who knows if they can figure you out at this point really. But the question is - is it really worth the risk?

Comment

You have to realise that they will ask you if you have ever been to the US before. What are you going to do? Lie?

How are you going to come back anyways? On what visa?

Comment

Just reading this board it is obvious that it encourages lies deceit and it's way out of line. You're all looking for some way to wiggle out of something you've done wrong. When and where does it end? When do you start telling the truth? When a criminal robs a bank, he tries to avoid the police. He also gets his story lined up just in case he is stopped and questioned. This is plain wrong and there's no way to make it right, and it's a dishonest way to live. I have to admit you people are pro's!

Comment

For the last poster:

You're wrong...we all haven't done something wrong. I haven't and I know I'm not the only one.

My post was not meant to encourage lying. On the contrary..they are probably going to find out if you lie.

Comment

Working...
                              X