Do you Recommend the K-3 (I-129f) Visa

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you Recommend the K-3 (I-129f) Visa

Follow-up to previous question on I-130 processing time.

I read in the INS site we can apply for the K-3 Visa (using I129f form) that will allow my NEW Mexican wife to work and live in the US while the I-130 is processing.

As we're living in Mexico and will probably be here for 4-5 months, is it smart to apply for the K-3 NOW, just in case the I-130 is not ready in time??? Can I do this??

Thanks in advance for the help!

Follow-up to previous question on I-130 processing time.

I read in the INS site we can apply for the K-3 Visa (using I129f form) that will allow my NEW Mexican wife to work and live in the US while the I-130 is processing.

As we're living in Mexico and will probably be here for 4-5 months, is it smart to apply for the K-3 NOW, just in case the I-130 is not ready in time??? Can I do this??

Thanks in advance for the help!

Comment

Yes u can, it usually takes about 3 months, much faster than I130.
      I hope it helps.

Comment

You still have to apply for the I130. The K3 is to bring your spouse to the US while their petition is pending.

How to bring your spouse to the US:
        http://www.ins.usdoj.gov/graphics/howdoi/Appproc.htm

Info the K 3 visa:

http://www.ins.usdoj.gov/graphics/howdoi/hdiknonimm.htm

How long ago did you file your stuff?

Comment

Marie..
          I'm actually filing my I-130 tomorrow at the Monterrey Mexico Consulate. I understand I have to wait for the proper receipt acknowledgement before submitting the I-129F.

Do you have any idea on what name (newly married or maiden family name) I should put on the I-129F form. I read, in another website, the K-3 visa is to be used in conjunction with her existing passport (which has her old name) so it's best to file using her maiden name). I don't know...??? I'm filing the I-130 using her new married name!

Appreciate your help!

Comment

I have no idea, usually the forms will have on their "other names used" which includes maiden name. How about changing her passport after she is married, that seems to be the easiest and will probably avoid confusion.

I really don't know what you should put on their, but the less confusion possible the better.
            I'd get a new passport with her married name and file using that.

Someone who filed a k3 will probably be able to help you on that one.

Comment

Working...
            X