I 130 for child (over 21) at Vermont Center

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I 130 for child (over 21) at Vermont Center

I would appreciate any advice/information.

I'm the beneficiary and I'm over 21 yrs and I reside in Canada. The petitioner who is my parent is a US Citizen.

The petition was filed in August/1999 and we received the letter acknowledging receipt of the petition and processing time in November/1999. To date we have not heard anything else. I've checked the processing time online and it hasn't changed from 2/8/99 for the past 2 years atleast. I checked the case status online and it tells me that it is taking approximately 999 days to process my type of application (Well it will be 4 years next month......and still nothing).

Is anyone in the same situation as I am who can share some light as to whether they've heard anything from Immigration?; Since there is a visa number available for me as per monthly Visa Bulletin; should I be doing something to reserve a visa number for myself?; Does anyone know if the VSC stopped processing I 130 applications?

Thanks very much in advance for you help.

I would appreciate any advice/information.

I'm the beneficiary and I'm over 21 yrs and I reside in Canada. The petitioner who is my parent is a US Citizen.

The petition was filed in August/1999 and we received the letter acknowledging receipt of the petition and processing time in November/1999. To date we have not heard anything else. I've checked the processing time online and it hasn't changed from 2/8/99 for the past 2 years atleast. I checked the case status online and it tells me that it is taking approximately 999 days to process my type of application (Well it will be 4 years next month......and still nothing).

Is anyone in the same situation as I am who can share some light as to whether they've heard anything from Immigration?; Since there is a visa number available for me as per monthly Visa Bulletin; should I be doing something to reserve a visa number for myself?; Does anyone know if the VSC stopped processing I 130 applications?

Thanks very much in advance for you help.

Comment

i am in the same situation as you are... it seems like it never will happen!

Comment

Thanks for your response.

This is beyond ridiculus. I'm prepared to wait one more year and if I don't get it I will migrate to the USA because this is pure ****. This year will be 4 years and if I don't hear from them by next year which will be 5 years I plan to migrate with or without the I 130 being approved.

When you go through the legal and ligimate process you have to wait all this time and put up with ****.

For some reason I noticed the other Service Centers except Vermont are making progress on this type of application, very strange to me since they have being working on Februay 8/1999 for the past 2 years.

Comment

Working...
        X