Asylum Approval but left the US,,,,,,,

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asylum Approval but left the US,,,,,,,

My friend from Syria had her Asylum approved back in 2003 and became a permanent resident. However in 2005 she went back to her country, so will she be able to apply for citizenship?

My friend from Syria had her Asylum approved back in 2003 and became a permanent resident. However in 2005 she went back to her country, so will she be able to apply for citizenship?

Comment

Did she have permission from the USCIS to return to Syria or did she go of her own accord? Is she still in the US now or not?
      "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Comment

Go read updated regulations. If granted asylum past April 1 1997 the principal (or A6 as i think it's defined by CIS) is risking to be questioned by CBP, placed in proceedings and may subsequently get status revoked unless mitigating circumstances exist. It can also come up during USC application and may trigger negative consequences.
        The definition of "availed to protection of" is also to be looked at, as C.F.R. states that trips of short duration are not considered as "availing to protection" of state, but it makes no mention of what is considered a "short" trip and how exactly regulation is to be interpreted, so it leaves much to individual officers' discretion.

Go to the forum at http://www.immigration.com/, they have like hundreds of posts in regards to your question.
        http://www.anbsoft.com/images/usflag_med.jpg

"...I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibit

Comment

Thank you for your great feedback, yes she had permission to leave,, also I read the updated regulations, lots of good information. Great resource.

Thank you again for your assistance.

Comment

Working...
          X