Advance Parole

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advance Parole

I paid my AOS fee on June 2001. I recently ( last Nov ) applied ( without my lawyer ) for AP at Los Angeles INS office. I still have not heard anything.
    My lawyer told me today that I cannot apply for AP since I did not submit my I-485 on or before 1997. Does this make sense? I thought I can apply for AP anytime as long I am in AOS status.
    Can someone help me with this confusion.
    Thanks.

I paid my AOS fee on June 2001. I recently ( last Nov ) applied ( without my lawyer ) for AP at Los Angeles INS office. I still have not heard anything.
    My lawyer told me today that I cannot apply for AP since I did not submit my I-485 on or before 1997. Does this make sense? I thought I can apply for AP anytime as long I am in AOS status.
    Can someone help me with this confusion.
    Thanks.

Comment

You should have sent the AP along with the AOS package.

Did you receive a delivery conformation from the postal service?
      Call the INS to check if they received your application.

Comment

Thanks xandtrick .

I have confirmed that INS recieved the AP form, I checked the delivery confirmation via US post. Anyone knows if I can call Los Angeles INS office to know status of a AP application? What will be the phone number.

Thanks.

Comment

I came to us on B1 visa, same company converted my h1 visa, H1 receipt date was before expire of B1 but not approval date and not stamped in my country consulate, meanwhile applied for 245(i) which is still process of labor certification. Now I need to go to India for 1 month.

Am I eligible for AP?

Is there any problem of traveling without any problem? Please advise

Comment

Working...
          X