Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• INS ATLANTA LOOSING FILES !!!

Hi everybody,

I am new to this board. I live in Atlanta Georgia (The worst possible INS office in USA).
    I went as far as having my citizenship interview. Everything went fine, then the told me: "Sorry, you could have become a citizen today, but we lost one your files". It's been 8 months now. Nothing has happened. I don't know what to do. Anybody in my situation? I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks

Hi everybody,

I am new to this board. I live in Atlanta Georgia (The worst possible INS office in USA).
    I went as far as having my citizenship interview. Everything went fine, then the told me: "Sorry, you could have become a citizen today, but we lost one your files". It's been 8 months now. Nothing has happened. I don't know what to do. Anybody in my situation? I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks

Comment

Don't you have any copies of all the papers?

Comment

Of course I have everything. The crazy thing is that they told me I cannot resubmit the documents. I cannot get in touch with anybody. I have just to wait that they will send me a letter. If and when nobody knows. I doubt that anybody will start a search of my documents spontaneusly. I just know that I waited so long for that my citizenship and that I paid $400 to them. Disgusting!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I have my citizenship interview in three weeks. They have asked me to take my passpor t and green card with me.
          Should I take any other documents ie tax returns etc. Or anything else.
          I have stuedied all the questions and feel confident about them. What else should I do to prepare.

Comment

Susie,

You don't really need to bring anything else, apart from the letter that they sent you to confirm the appointment. Good Luck, hopefully you can have the oath ceremony that same day.

Comment

Working...
            X