Nebraska Service Center claims it is the fastest in the world

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nebraska Service Center claims it is the fastest in the world

I called the Nebraska center today to check on the processing times of the K-1 fiance visas. I promised myself that this time I was not going to get angry or take out my frustrations on the person on the other end of the phone.....I lied! I asked about the processing dates, the man was very vague and said that they are working on late August early Sept (my processing date is 9-23-02). I was very surprised by this since they always give you just a date - last week it was August 23rd. Anyways, I asked him when they would get the new updated dates - In previous calls, I was always told that they update these just once a month - usually in the first week of each month, but I just asked to see what he would say.....He then asked me my case number which I gave him.....After a few seconds, he said that that Manilla is the slowest immigration center in the world as it usually takes 2 weeks to 4 months to get the paperwork processed through there. I was flabbergasted when he said "slowest in the world".... I almost laughed when I told him that I thought that Nebraska was the slowest service center in the world as I have been waiting 5 months already and that 2 weeks to 4 months sounds pretty good compared to Nebraska's wait. He then tried telling me that Nebraska was the fastest service center and I just couldn't contain myself anymore.......I told him that that was an outright lie....I said that Vermont is processing cases from mid December so how could he say that. Then he started telling me about all the different visas they do that Vermont doesn't do. I said that if there was some type of intelligence in the INS that they should be able to ship some of their k-1 visas to other service centers who are ahead of them so that the wait for everyone is not so drastically different...... I was told to call my congressman - I had to start yelling and swearing at him at this point as I could not contain myself anymore - it is just so demeaning to have your intelligence insulted every time you talk to these people.

I called the Nebraska center today to check on the processing times of the K-1 fiance visas. I promised myself that this time I was not going to get angry or take out my frustrations on the person on the other end of the phone.....I lied! I asked about the processing dates, the man was very vague and said that they are working on late August early Sept (my processing date is 9-23-02). I was very surprised by this since they always give you just a date - last week it was August 23rd. Anyways, I asked him when they would get the new updated dates - In previous calls, I was always told that they update these just once a month - usually in the first week of each month, but I just asked to see what he would say.....He then asked me my case number which I gave him.....After a few seconds, he said that that Manilla is the slowest immigration center in the world as it usually takes 2 weeks to 4 months to get the paperwork processed through there. I was flabbergasted when he said "slowest in the world".... I almost laughed when I told him that I thought that Nebraska was the slowest service center in the world as I have been waiting 5 months already and that 2 weeks to 4 months sounds pretty good compared to Nebraska's wait. He then tried telling me that Nebraska was the fastest service center and I just couldn't contain myself anymore.......I told him that that was an outright lie....I said that Vermont is processing cases from mid December so how could he say that. Then he started telling me about all the different visas they do that Vermont doesn't do. I said that if there was some type of intelligence in the INS that they should be able to ship some of their k-1 visas to other service centers who are ahead of them so that the wait for everyone is not so drastically different...... I was told to call my congressman - I had to start yelling and swearing at him at this point as I could not contain myself anymore - it is just so demeaning to have your intelligence insulted every time you talk to these people.

Comment

thanks for calling at least it saved me the trouble of swearing at them. i just wrote my congressman today, saying that it seems they are accountable to no one for their actions. though it seems doubtful that anything will make them move any faster, i feel the more that write in about the nebraska center the better. grit your teeth and hang on!

Comment

Todd where is your fiance from? kv

Comment

my fiancee is from tanzania, in africa.

Comment

Working...
          X