Giving up old passport to become USC?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giving up old passport to become USC?

Will I have to surrender my old country's passport to get a US citizenship? What if it had expired or been lost, then I won't be naturalized? Do I have to get a new passport and give it to US government and then become a USC? Any ideas?

Will I have to surrender my old country's passport to get a US citizenship? What if it had expired or been lost, then I won't be naturalized? Do I have to get a new passport and give it to US government and then become a USC? Any ideas?

Comment

No. The US does not ask you to give up your passport. Your country of origin though may have a requirement that you surrender it back to them.

Comment

Just tell them that you lost it. I don't think they'll care. If you're getting a US passport then you won't need the other one anymore anyway, so there's no need to go through the hassle of ordering a new one, unless you want it for sentimental reasons or something..............

Comment

At the time of Oath, you will just need to surrender your Green Card to the Immigration Authorities. They do not ask you to surrender your country's passport.
          Good Luck.

Comment

Working...
          X