HELP UMESH 485 question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP UMESH 485 question

Married my wife 3 days after her extension expired. We filed for last extension and i told ins that we needed extension to plan for our wedding. they approved it, but we were married 3 days after the extension was good till. we filed 485, 130 and ead. received ead and fp. awaiting 485 approval. letter from ins said we should hear something by end of may for 485 and end od sept for 130. does it matter that we married 3 days past her extension? what happens with the 485 at the end of may? is their an interview for that and an interview for 130? i am usc she was a visitor here when we met. what can i expect?

Married my wife 3 days after her extension expired. We filed for last extension and i told ins that we needed extension to plan for our wedding. they approved it, but we were married 3 days after the extension was good till. we filed 485, 130 and ead. received ead and fp. awaiting 485 approval. letter from ins said we should hear something by end of may for 485 and end od sept for 130. does it matter that we married 3 days past her extension? what happens with the 485 at the end of may? is their an interview for that and an interview for 130? i am usc she was a visitor here when we met. what can i expect?

Comment

Don't worry much. everything is fine.

Comment

Her overstay will not affect this, you should not worry about that. First of all they will approve I-130 then file will be sent to your local Immigration Office for AOS on Form I-485. Your wife has been fingerprinted or not yet. When she will be fingerprinted after couple of months she should receive AOS interview. There is no interview for I-130. The whole process from filing to AOS usually take about 8 months to 12 months.
        Good luck.

Comment

is that the best advice i will get?

Comment

Yes, as far as I know about these matters.
            Good luck.

Comment

Working...
            X