Am i screwed?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am i screwed?

I am applying for for citizenship. I am a permanent resident who did not sign up for selective service because I had no idea how important it was. (I was 24 at the time and am 30 now).

5 years has passed since I become a permanent resident.

I am filling out the request for the "Status Information Letter".

I am not married.

Does this mean I have any chance of getting citizenship or not. Does anyone have any experience with this? Does anyone know?

The whole reason why this is important is because my fiance is here on F1 Visa and it seems that being a citizen will help.(I am currently a British citizen).

Any help is appreciated!

I am applying for for citizenship. I am a permanent resident who did not sign up for selective service because I had no idea how important it was. (I was 24 at the time and am 30 now).

5 years has passed since I become a permanent resident.

I am filling out the request for the "Status Information Letter".

I am not married.

Does this mean I have any chance of getting citizenship or not. Does anyone have any experience with this? Does anyone know?

The whole reason why this is important is because my fiance is here on F1 Visa and it seems that being a citizen will help.(I am currently a British citizen).

Any help is appreciated!

Comment

I don't think it'll be a problem/

Comment

Just call up the phone # for the selective service and sign up for it, you will then get a selective service # and that's what you present. I suggest that you do it as soon as possible. If you have not applied for citizenship yet then file it. I have a friend that has the similar to your situation and that is what he did. It will definitely delay your citizenship though. Good luck.

Comment

He's 30 by now, and he is not required by now to register.

Comment

Ok i'm 30 and i can not sign up for SS. One of the requirements for citizenship is that you did apply while you were under 26. It says if you didnt you have to have a "Status Information Letter" I can apply for this but dont know if my reason for not signing up is good enough. (I said I cant be in a position that requires me to kill other people).

I was a LPR at that time and did not sign up.

Any thoughts? Positive ones are really welcome!!

Comment

NO, NO, NO -- you should NOT say you did not have the balls to kill other people, it's not a good reason not to have signed up, after all you would have to kill enemies, not just plain people. Better put there you were not aware you had to comply with this particular requirement.

Comment

Thats a good point . I can put that down. Does anyone have any experience with this form?

I think I should ask an immigration lawyer to make sure.

Comment

Definitely.

Comment

Working...
                  X