step-mom needs help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• step-mom needs help

My step-son 17 when I married his father is now 19. His mother died last week leaving him alone in Czech Republic. I am a US citizen, His dad is temp. LPR. I applied for a visitor in March 2003 to see if he would like it here. It was denied due to his lack of employment(he was still in school). He is like a 16year old. Any ideas on how to get him in the US FAST?

My step-son 17 when I married his father is now 19. His mother died last week leaving him alone in Czech Republic. I am a US citizen, His dad is temp. LPR. I applied for a visitor in March 2003 to see if he would like it here. It was denied due to his lack of employment(he was still in school). He is like a 16year old. Any ideas on how to get him in the US FAST?

Comment

You could sponsor him also as a step-son when you got married but now you can not do that because he is over 18 years. His father should sponsor him by filing I-130 asap and when he will become citizen then he can ask Immigration to change category of this petition and it will be very fast.
      Only other option is to apply for his student visa by getting enrolement in some college in the United States.
      Good luck.

Comment

Umesh Passi, thank you for your suggestion. I was told that his father's application would take up to five years. Is his father able to file a join in application? thanks again for your help!

Comment

Working...
        X