travel while N-400 pending

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• travel while N-400 pending

Could someone tell me what the guidelines are for travel outside the US while my Naturalization application is pending? I spent enough time in the US before filing - will leaving now mess that up? I plan to keep my residence here and return for all my INS appointments.

Could someone tell me what the guidelines are for travel outside the US while my Naturalization application is pending? I spent enough time in the US before filing - will leaving now mess that up? I plan to keep my residence here and return for all my INS appointments.

Comment

I applied for Naturalization at the end of August, and then waited for the fingerprints appointment, and then I went overseas for 40 days , came back and got my appointment letter this month. You just can't go out of the US and stay there over 6 months, b/c that will reject your naturalization and you have to start waiting the 4 years and 1 month again to apply Natuz.
      So, my advice to you is to wait for your fingerprints to be done, and then you can take trip that won't affect your Naturalization and no arrests abroad. Good luck

Comment

Thank you! So if I have to leave for a long time (for my job), should just come back often, even if just for short periods, and make sure I keep a residence in the US?

Just basically the same as to keep my resident alien status?

Comment

Berber, how long was it between your application and fingerprint appointment?

Travelin'Jack, if your job is with a U.S. company, time outside the U.S. is not such a problem.

Comment

Working...
          X