I-551 stamp in the passport , can be a problem to return t o US

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-551 stamp in the passport , can be a problem to return t o US

Hi , everybody . I have a short question . I got my "processed for I-551 " stamp in the passport , but they never sent my file to Vermont , so the info in INS computer is not updated . I want to visit my country and I do not know , can I have any problems , having only this stamp / it is current / . Please , who can help me , I also sent 3 requests to INS to expedite , this is so upsetting - after years of waiting one more problem to deal with . Thank you very much for reading my email .Dana

Hi , everybody . I have a short question . I got my "processed for I-551 " stamp in the passport , but they never sent my file to Vermont , so the info in INS computer is not updated . I want to visit my country and I do not know , can I have any problems , having only this stamp / it is current / . Please , who can help me , I also sent 3 requests to INS to expedite , this is so upsetting - after years of waiting one more problem to deal with . Thank you very much for reading my email .Dana

Comment

If you have a I-551 stamp in your passport, you have a GC. Don't worry about "internal IS procedures" anymore. It's not your problem. Feel free to travel or whatever you want. If you return and they start analyzing you -- just tell them the truth. Worst case, they'll have to pull up your entire record, do searches, whatever - but in the end they'll let you through, because remember you ARE a "permanent resident" -- don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

-= nav =-

Comment

Thank you very much , Moondin . You know , after what I had go through , I just need some reassurance . Thank you again for the encouraging words . Still , I went to local Congresswoman office yesterday just to be sure , they finish their job in INS , but I will travel , I feel better now .

Comment

Working...
        X