can someone help???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can someone help???

I have read that there MAY be complications for my spouse returning to the U.S. after going out of the country with an AP. I wanted to see if anyone did this and if there were any problems coming back. Also wanted to know what kind of problems would occur and what can we do to reduce the problems???

I have read that there MAY be complications for my spouse returning to the U.S. after going out of the country with an AP. I wanted to see if anyone did this and if there were any problems coming back. Also wanted to know what kind of problems would occur and what can we do to reduce the problems???

Comment

The AP is a document that allows you to leave the country without abandoning your petition. However, it does not guarentee readmission.

Basically, you (in your case - your spouse) must be legal (in process of becoming so) and have no 'complications' that would cause problems. In other words, as long as you are doing everything by the book, and your spouse has nothing they are 'hiding' from the BCIS you should be OK... I have crossed the border literally dozens of times under an AP with not one single issue...

I would make a five minute 'free consultation' call to a lawyer if you have doubts... After all - you do not want your spouse to be stuck on the wrong side of the border...

What is his/her status? Any 'complications' that you can think of (previously illegal, out of country for a long time, not eligible for his current status, etc...)?

ARQU

Comment

as far as 'complications' go, there aren't really any that are major. the first one would be that she was out of status for about 1 month, but i heard that as long as its less then 180 days its no big deal, and the second would be that she was pulled over for having expired car insurance before. thats all that we can think of... so not sure if these will make a difference...

Comment

Working...
        X