Any advice??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any advice??

I was married in early 2000 and applied for I-485 and I-130 (after my husband became USC) in Aug 2002.Had the finger print interview in Sep and my interview is scheduled in March 2003.Due to our jobs (Im on H1b currently) we are staying in different states (my application is petitioned in a state where my husband lives) from June 2001.Does it affect my interview?? We have joint bank account, auto insurance. We don't have joint utility bills or lease agreements. Do I need to take the lawyer to the interview??

I was married in early 2000 and applied for I-485 and I-130 (after my husband became USC) in Aug 2002.Had the finger print interview in Sep and my interview is scheduled in March 2003.Due to our jobs (Im on H1b currently) we are staying in different states (my application is petitioned in a state where my husband lives) from June 2001.Does it affect my interview?? We have joint bank account, auto insurance. We don't have joint utility bills or lease agreements. Do I need to take the lawyer to the interview??

Comment

You and your husband must have telephone bills which shows that both of you were in regular contact with each other. You have your pictures together and can get some afffidavits from friends and relatives that they know both of you are married to each other. Both of you must be filing Income Tax Returns declaring that you are married but filing separately. Proof that during these period both of you have been visiting each other, something like that.
      Good luck.

Comment

Umesh we have joint tax returns for past 3 years.
        What kind of letters we need from friends and relatives??

Comment

To Shanti:
          You will need affidavits from friends, relatives and neibours that they have personal knowledge that you and your husband got married and you are husband and wife. They have seen you together or have attended parties together or functions together and visited each other etc.
          Good luck.

Comment

Is this Shanti from Norwich??????????
            If so were old friends.

Comment

Me and my now husband were married in late january due to a family emergency he had to go back to mexico (he entered with a passport) can i start paperwork while he is in mexico if so what forms do i need?? if any one can help me i would appreciate it very much.

Comment

Once you sponsored him while he is out of country, then he will not be able to come back till he will get his Immigrant Visa. His present Visit Visa will be cancelled automatically. You must consider all these aspects before filing sponsorship papers. Else you can wait for him to come back and then file sponsorship and AOS papers together.
                Good luck.

Comment

Do we need an attorney for the interview??

I and my husband think having an attorney during the interview time will be good.My question is does it carry any wrong message to INS officers(we applied 485 and 130 by ourself)?

Comment

You do not need an attorney for this interview. This interview is yours and Attorney can not answer any questions on your behalf.
                    Good luck.

Comment

God bless you

Comment

Working...
                      X