Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice Needed - U.K. to U.S.A Immigration/Marriage

Hello,

I am a Canadian Citizen living in the United States as a permanent resident with a valid Green Card. I am eligible to become a U.S. Citizen in 2005 which is the end of the 5 year waiting period.

I wish to marry a U.K. citizen and bring her to the U.S. to live with me as a married couple.

My questions are:

1. How long will it take to get my U.S. citizenship after the five year waiting period is up in 2005? Weeks? Months? Years? How do I apply.

2. Once we are married, can she come to the U.S. immediately to be with me? If so, will she be able to work, get a SSN and get her green card.

3. What is the best way to approach this as far as getting married and being together? Can I do anything while I am just a green card holder, or should I wait until I am a U.S. citizen before marrying.

4. Is it advisable to get an immigration attorney to help with all of this?

Thanks for any advice.

Hello,

I am a Canadian Citizen living in the United States as a permanent resident with a valid Green Card. I am eligible to become a U.S. Citizen in 2005 which is the end of the 5 year waiting period.

I wish to marry a U.K. citizen and bring her to the U.S. to live with me as a married couple.

My questions are:

1. How long will it take to get my U.S. citizenship after the five year waiting period is up in 2005? Weeks? Months? Years? How do I apply.

2. Once we are married, can she come to the U.S. immediately to be with me? If so, will she be able to work, get a SSN and get her green card.

3. What is the best way to approach this as far as getting married and being together? Can I do anything while I am just a green card holder, or should I wait until I am a U.S. citizen before marrying.

4. Is it advisable to get an immigration attorney to help with all of this?

Thanks for any advice.

Comment

Working...
    X