Filing of I751 and Criminal History

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Griffin please be understanding that not all immigrants come with good intentions.

Not all American are good either.

There are good and bad in all shapes, sizes and nationalities. Maybe this officers daughter was harmed by someone disobeying the park curfew, who knows but we all must live by the law. Otherwise this nation becomes the 3rd world country most are fleeing from.

I am a born citizen and my nations laws have not protected me or my family, yet I still obey them becuase deep down I still believe in them.

Tell me how you would feel if a judge told you that you get what you deserve for marrying an immigrant? You should have known that this could happen. Ignorance is no excuse and I a born citizen am paying the price for my ignorance just as you paid a price for your ignorance and not knowing there was a posted curfew.

Life isn't fair or just but I do believe you will be fine. This as many have told you is not a CMT offense. Answer honestly, explain what happened and that you did not see any posted signs. You will be fine. Just be honest! For the good of all we must always be honest.

Comment

Davdah, supposing it were you instead of Griffin that got caught? Would you be happy with the treatment you got?
      "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
        Generally the more cooperative you are the less likely you are to get cuffed. They don't slap the bracelets on you unless you look like your going to make a run for it or mouth off. My guess is, he mouthed off. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This was my thought. I figured there must be something missing from his story because cops don't handcuff people without probable cause.
        Something's fishy.

Comment

nothing is fishy.it was dark night.cops cars approached us from all directions.they were handuffing every body for real.i saw a lady was handuffed too.three black guys were under interrogation.Then from no where we showed up.Then they asked us to put our hands up.They body searched us.Then to check our names they asked us to put our hands on the back.next thing we know we were handcuffed.Then they ask my name and askin my ID.I didnt have ID on me at tht time.I told him my full name.He already found my details.Then they asked my freind that does he know me.He told em we are room mates.Where was his ID that was there question.Because he landed in Denver few days ago.All he had was the Russian Passport and tht was at our Condo.
          So in short he didnt have any record in Colorado State Computers.I did because I had the Drivers Liscence from Colorado since 1999.
          Here is my story.Why we were handcuffed.Probably there were bunch of people were already handcuffed.So to give us equal treatment they probably handcuffed us.Thats my assumption.
          griffins

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by griffins81:
            nothing is fishy.it was dark night.cops cars approached us from all directions.they were handuffing every body for real.i saw a lady was handuffed too.three black guys were under interrogation.Then from no where we showed up.Then they asked us to put our hands up.They body searched us.Then to check our names they asked us to put our hands on the back.next thing we know we were handcuffed.Then they ask my name and askin my ID.I didnt have ID on me at tht time.I told him my full name.He already found my details.Then they asked my freind that does he know me.He told em we are room mates.Where was his ID that was there question.Because he landed in Denver few days ago.All he had was the Russian Passport and tht was at our Condo.
            So in short he didnt have any record in Colorado State Computers.I did because I had the Drivers Liscence from Colorado since 1999.
            Here is my story.Why we were handcuffed.Probably there were bunch of people were already handcuffed.So to give us equal treatment they probably handcuffed us.Thats my assumption. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe you had a run in with some bad cops or something because I've never heard of anyone being handcuffed unless they actually broke the law. Sounds like you were at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Anyway, good luck to you.

Comment

BTW, your "detention" was an arrest, as the citiation was also the record of the arrest. You were released based on the citation and your promise on the citation to appear before a magistrate. Technically it is an arrest. In most states, an infraction and a misdemeanor, the subject can be released by the arresting officer at any time upon signature of the arrestee on a promise to appear, in this case your citation. Most infration arrests are treated that way. Some states, like Texas allow the arrestee to be booked and held for bond.

Comment

Better to say "yes" and provide your documentation and details, than to say no and end up committing purgery when they pull your records.

BTW -- if you already had a pre-determined opinion and all you are doing is re-stating your opinion over and over again, why did you ask the question in the first place?!

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">BTW Hudson, as soon as the cuffs were closed they were legally detained. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                  Not exactly Davdah. There is one or two other elements that have to be met before the legal definition is met under criminal law. But if you want to be that broad to politically orchestrate your point of view, that is your prerogative.

Oh by the way, we are dealing with Denver's curfew program. Recently, it has had a history of problems where reactionary police are driving a good intentions with bad police work.
                  "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by griffins81:
                    Here is my story.Why we were handcuffed.Probably there were bunch of people were already handcuffed.So to give us equal treatment they probably handcuffed us.Thats my assumption. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
                    You got caught in Denver's curfew program. Don't worry, the sheriff and police department do this to anyone who is under 18 or even looks 18.
                    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

Comment

Think the authorities get it right all the time? Here's a cautionary tale, one where the cops turned out to be the good guy too:

Welcome to America ... You're Under Arrest

Tales of a Pakistani immigrant dealing with racial profiling, the Patriot Act and the INS as he tries to make a life in New York City.

Mr. Sampson, I Presume?

It was about five years ago. I was returning from Pakistan and standing in the immigration line at JFK, completely exhausted after a 20-hour flight. When my turn came up at the counter, the INS agent looked at my papers, typed a few things into his computer, and then asked me to follow him to a large room at the side of the immigration hall. I was informed that I was being detained. Two agents handcuffed me and led me to another smaller room. When I asked what I had done. They said things like, "Oh, you know what you've done. We know who you are."

Welcome to America ... You're Under Arrest
                      "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Comment

Pakistani immigratn? You mean Pakistani terrorist. No racial profiling here, as there is no such thing as a Pakistani race.

Comment

Public Park Rules!

park closes at Dark!!! All Public Parks Close at Dark, Unless It Maintains camping Provision. Anyone In a Public Park After dark Is subject to trespass!!! Including All School Grounds Or Government Property.

Find Another Place to Party!!!!

Cuffed By law enforcement Can Vary By state and Circumstance. Sometimes The cuffs and The Questioning Can Discriminate Those Of Good, and those Of bad intentions? Especially Those Under 18. Many methods!!! Very difficult In Places Of frequent Problems. some stray. Some plan. The Cuffs and questioning In some places Can be A deterrent! Different Rules, different Game For those 18 and under. A Taste of the undesirable possibility! Deterrent!!!!
                          USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

Comment

Contrary to Hudson's opinion, you were arrested. A citation is the record of the arrest.

So, what happened in court?

Comment

I went to da court house before da due date though.I was scared as I was on J-1 Visa and I wanted to keep my record in US clean.So I went there as a good citizen I just paid my fine and asked the clerk am I all done?She said yes you fulfilled ur duty.
                              So that was july of 2006 and I wasnt married at tht time.I met my love of life time in August and we got married in September then we applied for change of status.
                              I told my attorney about tht Park incident.He told me it wasnt a big deal and tht happened while I was on J-1.So I didnt mention it to USCIS.
                              griffins

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed