Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You Say Immigrants Want To Learn English? Not!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You Say Immigrants Want To Learn English? Not!

Well, more proof that immigrants don't want to learn English, but want to force hard working Americans to accomodate them under threat of lawsuits.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.co...04/english-only.html

Leland Yee made up some kooky story that his uncle had a hard time at a hardware store 40 years ago as justification for this monstrosity that would enrich the lawyers that contribute to his campaign.

Well, more proof that immigrants don't want to learn English, but want to force hard working Americans to accomodate them under threat of lawsuits.

Leland Yee made up some kooky story that his uncle had a hard time at a hardware store 40 years ago as justification for this monstrosity that would enrich the lawyers that contribute to his campaign.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by federale86:

Leland Yee made up some kooky story that his uncle had a hard time at a hardware store 40 years ago as justification for this monstrosity that would enrich the lawyers that contribute to his campaign. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

...and what about me, federale86! I, and I know more than a handful that speak better English than many who call themselves American. But that's besides the point. If you go to NYC, there is just about everything in English and Spanish. I say it is wrong to cater.
      “...I may condemn what you say, but I will give my life for that you may say it”! - Voltaire

Comment

Why did you Learn English Koller??

Why Have Most Immigrants learned English???

To Be A Part Of America, To Fit into the lifestyle, To Adapt to a place of Desirability!
        No Longer is this the plan. America Is Becoming no different than the many places Immigrants dreamed of leaving in the first place!

Why change a place, a way of life that was desirable??
        Answer: Because Many immigrants are escaping their Homeland!! Not Coming to America to be a part!! But to Change America into a Place that Reminds them of the good things of the homeland, Comfort! Without Thinking of how these Changes Will Affect/Damage Thee America they Dreamed of In the first place!!
        USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

Comment

Koller, you are the only illegal I would give amnesty to.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by federale86:
            Koller, you are the only illegal I would give amnesty to. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am so honored - it's like, I can't get over this one and I wished I had a bigger smiley.
            “...I may condemn what you say, but I will give my life for that you may say it”! - Voltaire

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kollerkrot:

I am so honored - it's like, I can't get over this one and I wished I had a bigger smiley. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

A bigger Smiley OR???

This Might work??

OR

USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

Comment

Or???

What Is your Handicap???

Or

Another way of showing gratitude.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MakeItRight!:
                  Why did you Learn English Koller??

Why Have Most Immigrants learned English???

To Be A Part Of America, To Fit into the lifestyle, To Adapt to a place of Desirability!
                  No Longer is this the plan. America Is Becoming no different than the many places Immigrants dreamed of leaving in the first place!

Why change a place, a way of life that was desirable??
                  Answer: Because Many immigrants are escaping their Homeland!! Not Coming to America to be a part!! But to Change America into a Place that Reminds them of the good things of the homeland, Comfort! Without Thinking of how these Changes Will Affect/Damage Thee America they Dreamed of In the first place!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

MIR, in the beginning I learned English because I had no joice. It was part of the curriculum in Germany. There is no way around it and as students back in Germany we cursed it because it increased our study load. However, I soon found out what great benefits a second language can bring. I traveled throughout Europe (was not Union then), met Swedes, Danes, Dutch, French and guess what they too spoke English. We had a grand time!

When I came to America I was able to speak (converse), and to this day, my vocabulary increases daily. As a foreigner, you want to hold on to what you know and what is comfortable for you. In some small ways I will never change in others I have fully assimilated - hell I even shave my legs....

I don't want to change America, (because when you are in Rome you have to be a Roman) but I do make suggestions if I see something can be improved.

I didn't come here to escape an undesirable system. I came here because I was in love with an American. But I do agree with your analysis.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
                    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kollerkrot:

I am so honored - it's like, I can't get over this one and I wished I had a bigger smiley. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Question is, do you play golf? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I T'd off once or twice. But it's not something I do regularly.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">When I came to America I was able to speak (converse), and to this day, my vocabulary increases daily. As a foreigner, you want to hold on to what you know and what is comfortable for you. In some small ways I will never change in others I have fully assimilated - hell I even shave my legs....Wink </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But do you shower? This is very important to some on here apparently
                      "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brit4064:
                        <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">When I came to America I was able to speak (converse), and to this day, my vocabulary increases daily. As a foreigner, you want to hold on to what you know and what is comfortable for you. In some small ways I will never change in others I have fully assimilated - hell I even shave my legs....Wink </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But do you shower? This is very important to some on here apparently </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I am glad you mentioned it. It's been brought up once before. It is the stupidest thing I have ever heard of - that German's don't shower or bath or something. If I would only know where this comes from? Someone must have made some remarks about that and the thing hit the fan - most likely with people that have never been of the block and sought some status elevation. I think it is extremely primitive to think and of course it is not true. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://www.bathroomandkitchenu..._the_world_over.html

Maybe that'll help! You think we could be the leader in kitchen and bathroom designs if we wouldn't take showers.

Comment

Koller,

While I disagree that you are the only one who deserves amnesty, you are at the top of the list!!!!

Comment

Leland Yee made up some kooky story that his uncle had a hard time at a hardware store 40 years ago as justification for this monstrosity that would enrich the lawyers that contribute to his campaign. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well, not all immigrants don't want to learn English. Some of them are over 40's, and it is really hard to learn at the older age, plus it is hard for them to communicate in English hence less practical exercise.

Majority want to be part of America as well. It takes time to be integrated into America culture, even if they really want to. Just take a look on all the 2nd generation, almost all them are fully integrated into America society.

Comment

Permanent Amnesty

Comment

Working...
                              X