Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• File from Canada or Here.

Hi Everybody

I am new on this and hope I get the answer. I am from Pakistan and did'nt go for registration because I want to leave for canada as my immigration get approved. Now I met a girl here we wanna married she is a US citizen my question is do they gonna deny me permanent resident in US because I did'nt go for registration and I got arrested for that. Or I better go to Canada and then my would be fiancee apply for me for a fiancee visa. Please note at the time of registration my passport was in Canadian embassy and they are taking passport of everybody who go for registration in INS office who is overstay like me or else pay thousands of dollars bails. I overstay on my visa come in 1996. I really appreciate the replies. Thanks everybody.

Hi Everybody

I am new on this and hope I get the answer. I am from Pakistan and did'nt go for registration because I want to leave for canada as my immigration get approved. Now I met a girl here we wanna married she is a US citizen my question is do they gonna deny me permanent resident in US because I did'nt go for registration and I got arrested for that. Or I better go to Canada and then my would be fiancee apply for me for a fiancee visa. Please note at the time of registration my passport was in Canadian embassy and they are taking passport of everybody who go for registration in INS office who is overstay like me or else pay thousands of dollars bails. I overstay on my visa come in 1996. I really appreciate the replies. Thanks everybody.

Comment

This is not jhumpir, you are in the US, better get out of this mess first, go back to jhumpir, its a nice place.
      Canada, once they know that you was arrested. they will close the file desi will never learn.

Comment

Can you prove that you was out of USA for the time of registration? IF yes then I might be able to help you.
        Its a discussion, not a legal advise..

Comment

Who/what is desi?

Comment

Thanks mohan so much for giving a reply back. Well I know lot of people does'nt go for registration and they do late-registration. We can still register with the INS and give them some excuse for it. So apart from registration what are my best options I can have. I really appriciate your comments. Thanks

Comment

To answer your post , I would like to know if ther are any proceeding occured in the past. OSC/NTA issued?
              First part you have to deal with is, registration, you need a backup and good excuse why you didnot register.
              You should know that you will be detained ,( hope they will not detain you under flight risk) but you need something which makes you released on parole. If you get paroled ( bond Or without Bond) of course NTA will be issued. On NTA ydate in court you can prove your marriage to USC and filed approvable I-130 and adjust your status.
              Second option You can marry and file for visa petition,and AOS whole package, then go for registration, get detained, chances are you will be paroled as you married to USC.
              then follow the court hearing process.
              Both case You have to be in deportation proceedings.
              Third Option You can marry and go back to PAK, file visa petition and AOS, You need a waiver for Over staying. once waiver approved you will get back.( lengthy process and waiver is hard to get)
              Next option, political asylum, I don't think you qualify for that without a good excuse. Political asylum had to be filed within one year of arrival this Law was in effect starting 1995 I think. Alien can still file PA with really good excuse.
              you ran out of options. anything else?

Comment

indian. Pakistani, bangladeshi origins called desi in Punjabi language.

Comment

there are another word for American born called ABCD= American born/brought confused desi.
                  People says they are confused about desi culture.LOL

Comment

Mohan, thank you. I'd seen "desi" somewhere else and had no idea what it meant. If I keep reading this board I think I need to learn Punjabi. :-)

Comment

Thanks Mohan

You are great. I was thinking Mohan that why don't I get married here then go to canada file the paper in canada so atleast I have one good citizenship. And applied from there. How long is gonna take before I can be in US. The reason why I am so desperate to keep in US is that I spend lot of time here alomost 8 years and now finally started to make good money and I don't want to leave all like that. Thanks man from me and everybody yu are helping here.

Comment

Working...
                      X