Immigrating to Canada on expired status

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Immigrating to Canada on expired status

Does anybody have experience with this situation?

I have been living in the US on expired status for a number of years. I have been educated in the US and I have a good job at the moment, but I want to move to Canada because I'm having difficulty becoming legal resident in the US. I submitted an application for PR in Canada a couple of weeks ago. The application was returned for failure to include evidence of status in the US. The problem is I don't have any legal status to prove, but I have attached copies of my expired entry visa and I-94.
    Will this work? For those who have done this before on expired status, what evidence do you attach with your application.

Does anybody have experience with this situation?

I have been living in the US on expired status for a number of years. I have been educated in the US and I have a good job at the moment, but I want to move to Canada because I'm having difficulty becoming legal resident in the US. I submitted an application for PR in Canada a couple of weeks ago. The application was returned for failure to include evidence of status in the US. The problem is I don't have any legal status to prove, but I have attached copies of my expired entry visa and I-94.
    Will this work? For those who have done this before on expired status, what evidence do you attach with your application.

Comment

You should attach a copy of your passport with the visa page, or any evidence from INS that shows your status. It may be a good idea to include a narrative on how you plan to regularize your status in the US. That may also portray you as a law abiding person.

By the way, is there a website that has info about immigrating to Canada?

Comment

Thank you.

There is a website I get my information from: www.cic.gc.ca.

Comment

Working...
        X