Mohan, Umesh...pls explain what Out of Status Really Means

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mohan, Umesh...pls explain what Out of Status Really Means

Okay guys, I'm a little bit confuse here, can you explain to me what is the meaning of Out of Status and WHEN DOES ITS START?

1. Start from I-94 expired and you do not apply for AOS? or

2. Start from I-94 expired and you applied AOS before its expired?

Let say, I follow the rules by applied for AOS before my i-94 expired, and while waiting for the AOS, is it consider OUT OF STATUS?

Thank you guys .

Have a nice day.

Okay guys, I'm a little bit confuse here, can you explain to me what is the meaning of Out of Status and WHEN DOES ITS START?

1. Start from I-94 expired and you do not apply for AOS? or

2. Start from I-94 expired and you applied AOS before its expired?

Let say, I follow the rules by applied for AOS before my i-94 expired, and while waiting for the AOS, is it consider OUT OF STATUS?

Thank you guys .

Have a nice day.

Comment

No 1 is correct.
      2) you are in transition period not OOS. this canif you want to travel out you need permission.

Comment

What if you filed AOS before I-94 expired, but later on your AOS is denied...

INS will ask you to leave the Country of course...but do they consider that you have been out of status since I-94 expired or if you leave right away then you won't have any unlawfull presence and you keep your record clean?

Comment

If you aply for AOS ( employment based ) with in six months of I 94 expiring working for the same employer would that be valid ?

Any information appreciated

Comment

AOS is not an Extension of I-94 validity, if you file and get denied it will be overstay.
            Same way Within 6 month of exipration of I-94 is over stay but there will not be any bar ( 3-10 years)

Comment

Mohan,

Thank you. You're such a help . Keep the good work. Really appreciate it.

Comment

what if i have a few petitions waiting - one is for B2 extension, one is for change of status from B2 to F1 and one is for change of status from B2 to H1B.
                will i be considered out of status after first denied or after the last one which is denied??

what if one is denied but other approved??? and i in status?

Comment

Working...
                X